• Yes - once

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 125 65.8%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I Booed him from the moment he dived in the North West corner. Same as I would (and have) for any cheating **** who tried to get one of our players booked/sent off.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
You sure? I'm under the police box and it seemed to me that we were constantly singing, so do have time to boo. :Shrug: obviously when he died there was some boooing and chants a drink driving but that was about it.

You got to love people that slag off others that actually try and create an atmosphere at games. :facepalm:

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Gosh "when he died". I didn't notice that. Right now I feel a bit of a cad.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only player I booed yesterday was the diving git Gueye after rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot because Propper tackled him. Thought the Rooney thing was a bit weird TBH.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because we wanted to put him off his game perhaps? The PL has obviously become so sanitised that pundits have forgotten this used to happen every week at every ground.

Besides he’s not a very nice person. Not exactly Bobby Charlton is he? More a boil on the arse of football...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Fact is the very faint boos at the start would have died out if he wasn't being such a cvnt on the pitch, which ended up making everyone else want to do it.

I despair more every week if this is what modern football at the top has become, everyone sitting on their hands nodding at each other with respect and expectation to applaud the opposition if they are 'big player' or someone who stuck numerous hattricks past the likes of liechtenstein in qualifying but can't drum up the enthusiasm for a tournament.

The worrying this is the media don't seem to understand or relate to how the fans of the rest of the football league feel about the 'elite'.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
i-was-saying-boo-ney.jpg

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Or maybe just a fool.. maybe I missed the "V" out on purpose or bloody predictive text..

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Oh dear ... it was actually quite an amusing typo, nothing personal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Struck me as a bit tinpot tbh. Some fans were probably a bit over-excited at seeing such a world famous, high profile player at the Amex, and as the redtops have had him tagged as a pantomime villain just took their lead from that and boooooo’d. Personally I’m indifferent to Rooney, I’d no more have boo’d him as I would have boo’d Sigurdsson, or Jagielka. He’d not really done anything to “earn” those boo’s from BHA fans, until he actually started acting like a tit in the second half. Then he was fair game. But boo-ing BECAUSE he’s Wayne Rooney ? Naah. Not for me Des.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
No I didn't boo him. Thought he played well for the first 25 minutes or so and was giving Duffy a hard time. He came off before the end to get back home before his curfew

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The booing just because he was Wayne Rooney was frankly pathetic. Yes by all means boo any player for petulance and dirty play, or for some historic reason, but there was absolutely no need otherwise. All it does is fire the player up even more (granted it didn't work on this occasion as he was poor!)

The same goes for some of the less clever comments that appear on The Goldstone Ground Facebook group - quite a lot of fans on there still stuck with a 1970's football mentality.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
This is not tinpot in the slightest. What is wrong with booing an opposition player and creating a sense of hostility... the Amex needs to be a fortress and the whole point of the supposed '12th man' is to make the opposition feel intimidated. No we may not be Galatasaray Ultras but I have no problem in our home section targeting players in hope it will impact on their ability to influence a game. If anything its a compliment to Rooney - every game needs a villain and if this helps the Amex to get the vocal cords warmed up then long may it continue.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Of course not. Was embarrased by the booing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh dear ... it was actually quite an amusing typo, nothing personal.

The booing just because he was Wayne Rooney was frankly pathetic. Yes by all means boo any player for petulance and dirty play, or for some historic reason, but there was absolutely no need otherwise. All it does is fire the player up even more (granted it didn't work on this occasion as he was poor!)

The same goes for some of the less clever comments that appear on The Goldstone Ground Facebook group - quite a lot of fans on there still stuck with a 1970's football mentality.

Never mind today’s storm hitting the UK, there must be a blizzard to follow given the number of snowflakes out there...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I booed him as I do Luke Donald and Matt Kuuuuuuuuchar.

Moany trying to get our players booked. Fantastic player though. Shouldn’t be playing up front.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No. Bit poor on our part imo towards the country’s greatest goal scorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here