Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just downloaded a few episodes of The 100;

Think Fear the walking dead improved for most of season 3 but is now losing the plot.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Season 2 of Preacher alternated between much better and much worse.... worth a watch though. Hitler is funny (not in real of course).

Ahhh ok. I found that a bit with the first season. Parts of it I thought this is really decent then other bits I was scratching my head a bit. Will certainly give it a go though as I'm now intrigued about Hitler.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ahhh ok. I found that a bit with the first season. Parts of it I thought this is really decent then other bits I was scratching my head a bit. Will certainly give it a go though as I'm now intrigued about Hitler.
Those of you who've watched the Preacher tv show, have you read the original?

It's my favourite graphic novel ever so I've been loathe to watch the show as I can't comprehend any way that they could do it justice.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just downloaded a few episodes of The 100;

Think Fear the walking dead improved for most of season 3 but is now losing the plot.

Love the 100... season 4 I think coming now..... my 11 year old is desperate to see it but not before she's 13!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
On Netflix is 'Annie with an E'.
Based on Anne of Green Gables it's a lovely programme to watch with your partner and kids (if you have any). No swearing or violence and beautifully filmed in Canada.
Apparently the producer worked on Breaking Bad. It was nominated for an Emmy.

It's a modern day Waltons, but better.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was hoping fear would be good but gave up after 2 series �� so disappointing

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You should of started at season 3. A director transfered from TWD to fear and picked up the pace a bit, talk of a crossover as well..

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not obscure but I think a lot of people missed it - Tin Star on Sky was absolutely absorbing.

Tim Roth character was brilliant. And some youngsters in the cast who were great acting finds. A treat - you will binge.

gallery-1495469248-screen-shot-2017-05-22-at-170605.png

(Apols if this has already been suggested - didn't see it referred to)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just started watching Mindhunter on Netflix. Serial killer tv show set in the late seventies. produced and directed by David Fincher, who also made three of my all time favourite movies, Fight Club, Seven and Gone Girl.

I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight, its brilliant.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Just started watching Mindhunter on Netflix. Serial killer tv show set in the late seventies. produced and directed by David Fincher, who also made three of my all time favourite movies, Fight Club, Seven and Gone Girl.

I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight, its brilliant.

Saw episode 1 and it was VERY slow I thought. Have heard it get's very, very good though, so will persevere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here