Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hahahahahahahahahahaha yeah alright

you do know that its an employers responsibility to check your nationality and right to work? if EU citizen, you can work. if not, whats your visa documentation. therefore, EU migrants seeking work will be due to companies willfully ignoring the checks (which of course some do). there will be little point for EU citizens seeking work to come through Ireland when they could come across the channel as tourists instead.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How do you dingbats think the security services have been policing the irish border the last 40 years?Never heard of GPS?Never heard of satellite observation?You lot accuse us Brexiteers of being thick,but we're not as demonstrably stupid as that.:facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let us have our cake and eat it or play hard ball?

Let us have our cake and eat it of course. We're British.

you missed "We're EU" from the first sentence.

you're ignoring the point, presumably because its a bit uncomfortable for you to consider how the EU handling the options before them. we know from Greece how the EU prefer to take the hardline, i had hoped some mutually beneficial arrangement could be agreed, but it increasingly looks like they intend to take this to the wire on the belief we'll back down and abandon Brexit. then either it'll be too late - crash out, cliff edge, whatever, or both sides will sue for extension and transition period. too far off right now, but the rhetoric from the EU isnt great, they are doing nothing to protect their own interests under the guise of insisting we cant have any cake.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How do you dingbats think the security services have been policing the irish border the last 40 years?Never heard of GPS?Never heard of satellite observation?You lot accuse us Brexiteers of being thick,but we're not as demonstrably stupid as that.:facepalm:

The 'policing' was a phrase used on permanent custom checks post-brexit, in that we wont be doing any, to give us leverage in talks.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
you missed "We're EU" from the first sentence.

you're ignoring the point, presumably because its a bit uncomfortable for you to consider how the EU handling the options before them. we know from Greece how the EU prefer to take the hardline, i had hoped some mutually beneficial arrangement could be agreed, but it increasingly looks like they intend to take this to the wire on the belief we'll back down and abandon Brexit. then either it'll be too late - crash out, cliff edge, whatever, or both sides will sue for extension and transition period. too far off right now, but the rhetoric from the EU isnt great, they are doing nothing to protect their own interests under the guise of insisting we cant have any cake.

No - it's not uncomfortable in the slightest, thanks. Yanis Varoufakis was saying months ago how this will play out and I'd worked out a while ago neither side will reach a deal and it'll go down to the wire and we'll see what happens then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
don't matter , they're here in this country , probably selling drugs and running prostitution activity to fund their ways???
regards
DR

More jobs which Brits don't want to do.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are you talking about New Enterprise Allowance rolled out in 2011'sh, it seems a worthwhile aspiration to offer those perhaps with less access to help, financial and mentoring to be offered an opportunity to do so if they feel they can start a business.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...le/555836/nea-official-stats-to-june-2016.pdf

It seems that since 2011 170 000 have accessed the NEA and the criteria has been opened up to many sections, not just JSA, I am not sure the take up will skew the unemployment figures much.

Where exactly are all these fraudulent claimants that are doomed to failure, it seems many have succeeded, why would you be against opportunity to be an entrepreneur especially those that otherwise might not be able to do so.

About 2000 individuals a month leave JSA to take up a scheme where about 50% go on to get the payments detailed. Most business experts and bodies say it's a good idea in theory but highly unlikrely to succeed for the reasons detailed below. The fact that it seems a good idea and starts off strong but quickly descends into payment sanctions and business failure hints that it is designed for quick figure manipulation and not long term income for the claimant.

Interestingly HMRC investigated around 50,000 of these new start-ups and made a fortune in fines and financial measures against self employed people who were poorly prepared, poorly orgnaised and unable to get their business affairs into any kind of order. Over half of small businesses (58%) questioned at the time of the survey had a monthly turnover of less than £1000, and for 37% it was under £500. Almost of all these businesses will be forced to close when Universal Credit is fully introduced.
In short, it's a bit of a mess.

https://medium.com/@binreminded/a-good-idea-done-badly-8be5c0569a94

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
About 2000 individuals a month leave JSA to take up a scheme where about 50% go on to get the payments detailed. Most business experts and bodies say it's a good idea in theory but highly unlikrely to succeed for the reasons detailed below. The fact that it seems a good idea and starts off strong but quickly descends into payment sanctions and business failure hints that it is designed for quick figure manipulation and not long term income for the claimant.

Interestingly HMRC investigated around 50,000 of these new start-ups and made a fortune in fines and financial measures against self employed people who were poorly prepared, poorly orgnaised and unable to get their business affairs into any kind of order. Over half of small businesses (58%) questioned at the time of the survey had a monthly turnover of less than £1000, and for 37% it was under £500. Almost of all these businesses will be forced to close when Universal Credit is fully introduced.
In short, it's a bit of a mess.

https://medium.com/@binreminded/a-good-idea-done-badly-8be5c0569a94

You dont do yourself any favours, your out of date link doesnt say much, but unsurprisingly you chose not to show the link where unemployed acitivist and radical blogger Johnny Void offers up figures as if it might be true, you really need to change your reading its just extremist drivel.

https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/tag/new-enterprise-allowance/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You dont do yourself any favours, your out of date link doesnt say much, but unsurprisingly you chose not to show the link where unemployed acitivist and radical blogger Johnny Void offers up figures as if it might be true, you really need to change your reading its just extremist drivel.

https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/tag/new-enterprise-allowance/

The figures are the figures. Until you stump up some figures of your own I'll stick with the facts, cheers.
I don't know who Johnny Void is. He sounds like a dick.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No offence, but the questions there are utterly ridiculous, and clearly designed to produce the statistic desired. Utterly pointless, and tells us literally nothing about people's views.

"Do you think we should pay MASSIVE amounts of money to the EU, or a bit less?"

Oh a bit less if we can, obviously.

Ha - YOU want HARD Brexit you do.

"Do you want to pay a large 'divorce bill' for leaving, or would you support paying a smaller one?"

Er, as small as possible, obviously.

"What about NO bill at all?"

Well, that's unrealistic isn't it? But yes, of course that would be great.

"Ha. You want HARD Brexit."

What a load of utter, utter sh1t.

You had better send your complaint about the questions and methedology to the London School of Economics and Oxford University. Not sure why those esteemed expert institutions (hardly known for pro Brexit views) would want to skew a survey in favour of Hard Brexit though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
During the referendum Osborne and the Treasury said unemployment would rise by 500,000 in the immediate aftermath of a Leave vote. Today’s new figures:

Unemployment fell 57,000 between April and June 2017
157,000 fewer than for a year earlier
Unemployment rate is 4.4%
Down from 4.9% for a year earlier
The lowest since 1975

#fakenews

Yes those Remain Lies proved horrendously wrong yet again. Good news I am sure we can all agree .... oh. :wink:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I really can't be bothered to dignify that with a response. If you even believed it and weren't just typing it because you don't have the cells to come up with a decent argument, I'd retort. What iota of difference does it make what I want anyway, according to you lot it's definitely not going to be a problem so...happy days.

Struck a nerve have I. ..which is so often the case when the truth's been addressed

Never mind kiddo at least we know where your priorities lie

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Struck a nerve have I. ..which is so often the case when the truth's been addressed

Never mind kiddo at least we know where your priorities lie

Yes, you're a very insightful individual. I think you've taught us all a little about ourselves.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:D
A totally irrelevant response to the question in hand but i wouldn't have expected any different..

You stick to your priorities i'll stick to mine.

Your question was met with the contempt it deserved. Your assumptions about my priorities will receive the same response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here