Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question Time - Fiona Bruce Debut Tonight

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
She claimed 'Everything was on the table' moments after saying no deal wasn't on the table. Either she doesn't understand the English language or she lied.

Hmm considering all the nonsense that has been said on that program by MPs, that’s hardly the biggest whopper ever is it? Not to mention the fact that the impartial chair incorrectly stated that Isabel was correct and Diane wasn’t re polls.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hmm considering all the nonsense that has been said on that program by MPs, that’s hardly the biggest whopper ever is it? Not to mention the fact that the impartial chair incorrectly stated that Isabel was correct and Diane wasn’t re polls.

Still a lie though wasn't it ?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Still a lie though wasn't it ?

Perhaps. Could have also misspoken (she is human after all) or have been suggesting everything else was up for discussion. I’m not suggesting that we shouldn’t hold people accountable for their mistakes just that it might not have been a barefaced lie.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m no fan of Abbott or her party in its current guise, however having watched this episode now it did feel FB was singling her out for at times quite ferocious put downs.
Like her former fck buddy she is woefully out of her depth and the Labour Party can be thankful that the likes of Starmer and Benn are there to deliver some degree of professionalism!

When will its members realise they will always be in opposition until that front bench fcks off.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The 'treatment' of Abbott was because she's thick, never answered a question directly and lied. Not because she's black. To complain about her treatment shows how stupid she really is.
They’re playing the racist and sexist card to disguise her incompetence. I hope she stays on the Labour front bench for the same reason that I hope Roy Hodgson stays as Palace manager.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Staggering that a Question Time presenter has no knowledge of the latest polls. To say Labour are 'definitely behind' (reinforcing Russia-collaborator Oakshot's '6 points behind'), when most recent polls* actually put them ahead, is very, very poor.

* Apart from YouGov, which is owned by a Tory donor.

Last edited:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/diane-abbott-question-time-fiona-bruce-bbc-abuse-mistreatment-a8736566.html

She's Question Time's very own Zaha:

"In all my life I have never asked for special treatment, only fair treatment. But many viewers and people in the audience for last week’s Question Time thought that the way I was spoken about before the programme, the way that I was treated during the programme and the chairing of the programme were decidedly unfair."
To be fair this has been collaborated by some people who were in the audience. It felt uncomfortably as if they were ganging up on her, whereas Oakshot, who has a murky past through her association wirh some of the dodgier aspects of the Leave campaign, was given a much easier ride.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/diane-abbott-question-time-fiona-bruce-bbc-abuse-mistreatment-a8736566.html

She's Question Time's very own Zaha:

"In all my life I have never asked for special treatment, only fair treatment. But many viewers and people in the audience for last week’s Question Time thought that the way I was spoken about before the programme, the way that I was treated during the programme and the chairing of the programme were decidedly unfair."

You say that but she is given a much harder time than her Tory peers, many of whom have made equally idiotic, untrue statements.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Diane Abbott is clearly a distraction for the Labour Party and never shies away from playing the race card when she has to. Time to get rid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Predictable anti English and anti white undercurrent running throughout tonight’s programme. The sanctimony and hypocrisy from some panellists was nauseating. Who gives a shit that Westminster’s bars are subsidised. It’s a few hundred people not the Chinese Army! A most pathetic subject matters to be nit picking over really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But the "model/something else didn't read it" panelist. She's quite eloquent and I think..

... she's made some decent points.

"Supermodel", I believe she was introduced as.

Not for me, Clive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually went to bed during this...it was dreadful

Am I wrong not to give a monkeys about Scottish politics?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here