Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk - England’s second best centre half?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I told the two scousers( southern edition) in front of me, if VVD keeps improving the way he has, he might end up as good as Dunk.

VVD is an awesome player. But it's great to know that Dunk is only troubled by the most elite in this league. Wonderful to know that he is a local product.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Magnificent today and certainly in the top 4/5. It's all very close though. I do feel he suits England's current style better than most of his competitors though which SHOULD mean yes top 2 because of that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly worth all of his £10m valuation.

#NeverWrong.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Excellent player, big fan of his. However, not fast enough to be considered international quality imo.

I think Lewis is as quick as most Centre Halves in the league, if he does have a lack of pace he certainly makes up for it with his positioning and reading of the game. He is rarely caught out of position, this season the only time he has looked vulnerable is when covering the full back when we are advanced and caught in possession, great to want to play positive football however occasionally you need to stick the ball into Row Z.
I would be disappointed if Lewis is not in the next England squad. Lewis is certainly integral to our relative success.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#NeverWrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here