Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Banter Gone Too Far?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So there I was on Falmer station platform after the match - about 5.30ish. Some Liverpool fans were giving it the Allez Allez song, fair enough, given that it was an important hard won away victory. A middle aged Albion fan in front of me starts getting all arsey. Basically he starts gobbing off that he hates Scousers, they’re all f***ing c***s etc. etc. Then he starts shouting “You killed thirty seven!” ad nauseum - presumably referring to the Heysel tragedy.

Now I’m not a precious snowflake fan having been to see the Albion play home and away for years, but I was embarrased by this. The bloke wasn’t being provoked but just being a complete tw*t of the first order by coming out with shit like that.

Your views?
"A tw*t of the first order" is praise for that sort of humanoid turd. His behaviour was a disgrace. Absolutely; no justification or mitigation whatsoever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think a week’s hype about this fixture, with some optimism about a famous result (fuelled by their CB crisis and FAC loss), led to a massive downer for some when it failed to materialise. Plus some people simply can’t handle their booze and become mouthy ********s. Not a purely football issue, they’re the same berks who look for trouble in a boozer.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure about the right time but he is true. Justice for them just like for the 96 or don’t they count?

He's not, given that it's unlikely any of those present were responsible for the deaths of those folk.

Unless there is a bizarre concept of collective responsibility.

The question in hand is why he felt the need to make his misjudged point in the first place.

It is, indeed, bell endery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here