Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=27150]Coldeanseagull[/MENTION] But he’s always been a bit of a diver. So not much of a surprise

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Weak, impotent, disappointing, predictable. See Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs games before.

We handed them the initiative at kick off with the starting 11 and then sat back all game. Had a chance to go at them after their two defeats but decided to sit back with our immensely slow midfield and attack and not lay a glove on them.

These games are getting so boring. We have better player than these displays and need to find some belief from somewhere. The manager needs to question his team selection and pre match message.

I know they’ll be lots saying how good Liverpool are and look where we are in the league etc but can we at least have a little ambition in these games that are free hits otherwise we won’t progress. We look like scared little boys against the top sides at the moment, happy to concede defeat before the match has even started.
Give your head a wobble we're up with the big boys now? What do you expect?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think we just about deserved a point, Gross didn't have much choice re penalty, where was everyone else?

We still lack that killer instinct, but we didn't get torn a new one, let's face it our most expensive player is cheaper than their cheapest, they have some bloody good players, and it showed. They're stronger, faster and more skilful. Knockhaert was frustrated to the point of getting booked within 5 minutes. Andone should have played the whole game, Murray was useless against quality like VD Virgil.

Anyway, Palarse lost and and easy away point next week at the prawn cocktail arena

We were in the game the whole match and had a few chances, nothing went our way and despite the ref getting a vast majority of it right, none of the 50/50's went our way either. Losing 1-0

D

Deleted member 2719

Controversial but watching on TV so getting the benefit of replays, I don’t think the ref did much wrong today to be honest.

Didn't get to hear much of today game, did we attempt to go at them from the off, looking at Chris's lineup I assuming he went out with the defend at all cost method???

Or am I just being cynical?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Not a complete surprise at 0-1 , but somewhat a little disappointed that we could not get a deserved point. OK so we had to do a lot of defending but then what else would you expect against one of the two best teams in the country , we did ourselves proud in defence and just lacked a little more bite up front.

Sadly I have to say the team selection disappointed me the most or at least the lack of earlier subs ... Murray won a few headers but was mostly chasing shadows which isnt his game and he lacks the pace to do effectively ... Andone showed how good he promises to be , wasn't on the pitch long enough but caused their defence more trouble than Murray had.

Gross is a good player and has a great pass in him as well as an eye for an opening but his lack of pace shows both going forward and back , I just feel if he is playing no.10 then he should push 10 yards closer to the main striker ... I do feel in the hybrid 4-3-3 there are better options than Gross with Kayal & Bissouma & our play improved IMO when Kayal came on for Gross.

March is just not cutting it for me at times , maybe he is taking defensive duties too much to heart but I cant help but feel he needs to be taking players on instead of holding up the play or passing backwards for support. I maybe being a little harsh but Knocky showed more attacking intent & although didnt always get things his way he was trying to take players on & beat them.

Apart from that no disgrace in losing to the league leaders by a single goal , especially when they didnt really look like scoring at any other time , it needed a penalty. Hopefully we can do a bit better at UTD next week as we may need to or we could find ourselves sliding down the table quickly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Give your head a wobble we're up with the big boys now? What do you expect?

A little bit of ambition at home, some confidence in our own ability, some attacking intent, some entertainment. Got none of that today.

As you say, we’re up with the big boys now and need to start believing it. They’d just lost 2 games, had a midfielder at centre back we didn’t test at all, had all the pressure on them and none on us. So no, I won’t give my head a wobble.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I think we just about deserved a point, Gross didn't have much choice re penalty, where was everyone else?

We still lack that killer instinct, but we didn't get torn a new one, let's face it our most expensive player is cheaper than their cheapest, they have some bloody good players, and it showed. They're stronger, faster and more skilful. Knockhaert was frustrated to the point of getting booked within 5 minutes. Andone should have played the whole game, Murray was useless against quality like VD Virgil.

Anyway, Palarse lost and and easy away point next week at the prawn cocktail arena

We were in the game the whole match and had a few chances, nothing went our way and despite the ref getting a vast majority of it right, none of the 50/50's went our way either. Losing 1-0

Knocky booked? I don't think so. Not one booking in the whole match.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Weak, impotent, disappointing, predictable. See Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs games before.

We handed them the initiative at kick off with the starting 11 and then sat back all game. Had a chance to go at them after their two defeats but decided to sit back with our immensely slow midfield and attack and not lay a glove on them.

These games are getting so boring. We have better player than these displays and need to find some belief from somewhere. The manager needs to question his team selection and pre match message.

I know they’ll be lots saying how good Liverpool are and look where we are in the league etc but can we at least have a little ambition in these games that are free hits otherwise we won’t progress. We look like scared little boys against the top sides at the moment, happy to concede defeat before the match has even started.

I can't help but feel you need a cold shower followed by a reality check..

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
2018-19 -2 over two legs with the current top team in the league. (Liverpool, though there's a lot of season left for the Scousers to stumble.)
2017-18 -4 over two legs with the top team in the league. (City were on the beach last year when we saw them in May)

It's disappointing, but it's not that disappointing....

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Not a complete surprise at 0-1 , but somewhat a little disappointed that we could not get a deserved point. OK so we had to do a lot of defending but then what else would you expect against one of the two best teams in the country , we did ourselves proud in defence and just lacked a little more bite up front.

Sadly I have to say the team selection disappointed me the most or at least the lack of earlier subs ... Murray won a few headers but was mostly chasing shadows which isnt his game and he lacks the pace to do effectively ... Andone showed how good he promises to be , wasn't on the pitch long enough but caused their defence more trouble than Murray had.

Gross is a good player and has a great pass in him as well as an eye for an opening but his lack of pace shows both going forward and back , I just feel if he is playing no.10 then he should push 10 yards closer to the main striker ... I do feel in the hybrid 4-3-3 there are better options than Gross with Kayal & Bissouma & our play improved IMO when Kayal came on for Gross.

March is just not cutting it for me at times , maybe he is taking defensive duties too much to heart but I cant help but feel he needs to be taking players on instead of holding up the play or passing backwards for support. I maybe being a little harsh but Knocky showed more attacking intent & although didnt always get things his way he was trying to take players on & beat them.

Apart from that no disgrace in losing to the league leaders by a single goal , especially when they didnt really look like scoring at any other time , it needed a penalty. Hopefully we can do a bit better at UTD next week as we may need to or we could find ourselves sliding down the table quickly.
Actually they looked like scoring a few times and narrowly missed the target on at least 3 occasions. Thought Button did well.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here