Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Button..............well what do you think?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They didn’t go then.....

Probably watched Sky Sports.

He did fine, but there were probably six or seven who played better IMO.....

Sun 'journo' thinking? Tiny little Brighton win and keep a clean sheet against the awesome might of Everton (a PL team we've heard of because they've been there longer than we've been alive) so the goal-keeper must have been MOTM..........

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
His kicking was good getting great distance but the one thing I did notice is that he only kicks with his right foot as opposed to Ryan who can use either foot so perhaps this something the defenders must bare in mind when passing back to him to clear.

I don't think I saw Pickford kick with anything other than his left foot. Just an observation though.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
It's all relative I suppose - I've got used to seeing it go out most of the time!

time we started having the target man down the centre a little more , so many goal kicks and clearances just going straight out of play with Murray or Andone standing there within a few feet of the touchline

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Quitely impressive today. Commanded his area well which is the thing Ryan struggles with. Obviously Ryan is clear number 1 but numbers 2 and 3 look reasonable back ups.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn't show any nerves when being closed down by their forwards which was also a positive IMHO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can all those who were almost fainting in panic at the thought of a January without Ryan come out from behind their sofas now, please?

......... and do have the good grace to try and look at least a little bit sheepish ..................

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can all those who were almost fainting in panic at the thought of a January without Ryan come out from behind their sofas now, please?

......... and do have the good grace to try and look at least a little bit sheepish ..................

No dodgy moments today, but has in both of the other games.

In fact, handling very good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Close to saving the penalty too.

P1010023.jpg

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I think Button did play well but I don't know why we only take goal kicks and kick to the left hand side where most of the players move toward. On a couple of occasions today, March was one on one with Robertson on the right and a surprise kick that way could have made an opportunity. This is also true when Ryan plays and a change of direction every so often would surely create more space.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Did really well. Is looking like what we all knew already is true, Ben Roberts is a great coach and knew what he was doing selecting our two back-ups.

Still take Ryan first choice though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here