Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Watch Joe Hart’s distribution and it becomes crystal clear why he was never going to make it in a Pep Guardiola Manchester City side. Compare that to the distribution of nearly all the top keepers, I think it’s a fair moan :smile:

Maty Ryan’s is good except for the obligatory launch into touch clearances every game. I thought Button’s distribution was excellent. Not sure he’s a better keeper than Steele though.
You didnt go to West Ham did you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought so too. Couple of really decent saves especially that reflex one with less than 10 minutes to go. Had it gone to 3-2, who knows what might have happened? I'll whisper it quietly - I thought he looked more confident than Button, although in fairness, the latter hasn't cost us anything yet. Considering the horror stories from Sunderland and Blackburn fans, he looked okay today. Can't judge too much on one game of course, but the Ben Roberts coaching is hopefully paying off.

What are the horror stories? All I know about Steele is his Wikipedia page; his time at Middlesboro was littered with player-of-the-year awards and England call-ups. What went wrong?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can I have a moan about his hoofed distribution that ended up on a Bournemouth head most times? Just puts more pressure on us, has he not got the ball control to actually pass the ball rather than hoof it?

Great save at the end though

Though didn’t have Murray to aim for to be fair. He. Was better when he aimed for Locadia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Can I have a moan about his hoofed distribution that ended up on a Bournemouth head most times? Just puts more pressure on us, has he not got the ball control to actually pass the ball rather than hoof it?

Great save at the end though

I’ll raise you.... Button’s inability to kick the ball without it going out for a throw in for West Ham.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I didn’t but I did watch on a stream, confess I was thinking more of the Everton game tbh

What did you think of Button against Everton at The Amex? Clanger in the first half, decent save in the second, debut - I was neutral.

D

Deleted member 2719

You could always go to a game.

All about principles and if they don't treat me right I wont treat them to some of my cash. You know that anyway Thunderbolt.
If only more people were like me perhaps the customer services would get their act together, rather than gang up on the customer and treat them as if they own them.

Maybe you will be on the receiving end one day. Will I have empathy? Of course I will.

Because that's how I swing.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
What are the horror stories? All I know about Steele is his Wikipedia page; his time at Middlesboro was littered with player-of-the-year awards and England call-ups. What went wrong?

There had been a catalogue of errors at Sunderland but I think the pinnacle of his career for the Rokerites was away at QPR where he misjudged the flight of a long ball and ended up handling it outside the box. He received a red card, they lost....again ...cos they were a bit shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What did you think of Button against Everton at The Amex? Clanger in the first half, decent save in the second, debut - I was neutral.

I thought distribution was the best part of his game that day :lolol:

Really hard to decide between Button and Steele after so few games. Neither Ryan or Stockdale did that well in their first few games either.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought distribution was the best part of his game that day :lolol:

I'm inclined to agree. It was his debut though, hence why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt of my one seeing him in the flesh. Watching online Wednesday - I just hope Australia lose to Bhutan or whoever they're playing and Ryan comes back.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I didn’t but I did watch on a stream, confess I was thinking more of the Everton game tbh

Buttons kicking was shot once his confidence went. I think people see the distance of his kicking and see it as better than Ryans. However there is far more to it than that, he is not comfortable on the ball and at West Ham D&D had to on several occassions deal with clearances themselves which normally go back to Ryan. Yes Button can Launch a ball but his overall kicking is poor IMO.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There had been a catalogue of errors at Sunderland but I think the pinnacle of his career for the Rokerites was away at QPR where he misjudged the flight of a long ball and ended up handling it outside the box. He received a red card, they lost....again ...cos they were a bit shit.

Fair enough. Not an excuse, but It must have been difficult being the ‘keeper in that team though; hiding to nothing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All about principles and if they don't treat me right I wont treat them to some of my cash. You know that anyway Thunderbolt.
If only more people were like me perhaps the customer services would get their act together, rather than gang up on the customer and treat them as if they own them.

Maybe you will be on the receiving end one day. Will I have empathy? Of course I will.

Because that's how I swing.

What happened?

D

Deleted member 2719

:fishing:

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]

I've managed to go 70 years without being seen off & cutting off my nose to spite my face is just silly.

But for most of those years we didn't have a spurs fan that likes to control every part of the company and we were valued as a customer before the influx of fans that have come in since the Championship/premier league days at the AMEX, as I have said many times before forget the PR We are all just a number.

If people speak to me like something off their shoe, I lose respect.

I am not losing any sleep over it, but I will always stand by my values.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
But for most of those years we didn't have a spurs fan that likes to control every part of the company and we were valued as a customer before the influx of fans that have come in since the Championship/premier league days at the AMEX, as I have said many times before forget the PR We are all just a number.

We were fans before 2013 but now treated as customers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Are you saying that it’s the more business-like approach in general at the Albion, or did something specific happen, which has pissed you off? I’m not fishing, genuinely interested.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He was pretty competent in my view

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here