Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone and Bissouma

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Its such a bizarre point of view. And everyone seems to have it.

:shrug:

AND people think Propper was good, when he just plays like a lesser version of Stephens

Never mind

I know it's all about opinions, but I agree with others that you've got Stephens and Propper mixed up!

P.s you're spot on about Andone and Bissouma, think they should start the next few games

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
When we got that free kick 30yards out about 10 mins from the end I was screaming for Bissouma to take it. Him and March were both stood over it and what happens? March gets the nod and skies it over the bar - what a waste!!! So angry at that, why oh why didn’t Bissouma get a crack. March hasn’t hit the target from a free-kick around the box for as long as I can remember!! 😡

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
IMO Andone should have started today and perhaps Bissouma as well....

100% this. Poor Glenn Murray was getting the ball then having to run at defenders twice as fast and just as strong as him. It's like being a handbag snatcher, grabbing it, then giving it to a man on crutches to get away. Murray is for teams with a weaker midfield and a less organised defence.

Andone and Bissouma injected the pace and grit you need against teams which are man for man better than us. Andone came on and looked like he wanted to punch every Chelsea player in the head, and Bissouma was tricky as hell for them to deal with.

March had a stinker. His demeanour off the ball looked like the Solly we all despair of. He looked beaten, was often lazy when the ball was lost, and some of his passing was woeful. Stephens had a stinker, but maybe he needed some game time to get sharp again (giving him the benefit of the doubt).

Brighton are shaping up to be a pacey team if they carry on as they are. That's what we need, and that's the football we all love to watch.

Off topic, but did anyone think Lewis Dunk stepped up with his leadership a bit with Duffy not there? He was a lot more vocal and animated than usual...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nobody mentioned March's corner in the 89TH minute when the whole squad were in the box and he decides NOT to aim for goal/ WTF was that about. ?

Unless they’re taken very quickly, I’ve never seen the point of short corners at any stage of the game apart from when you’re 1 up in injury time and want to wind the clock down. Get a bloody cross in for your centre backs!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For me Stephen's was the backward one today just didn't seem positive enough. Take note CH the game changer for us when Andone and Bissouma came on, just gave us so much more energy. Gross still nowhere near the player he was last season. The sponsors for the mom correct though Bernardo he looks class

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Unless they’re taken very quickly, I’ve never seen the point of short corners at any stage of the game apart from when you’re 1 up in injury time and want to wind the clock down. Get a bloody cross in for your centre backs!

Very few goals are scored direct from corners.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't think he lacked confidence today, or in any recent match for that matter. I think he only takes long range shots when he thinks there's a decent chance of scoring.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Main problem is his grey matter. One only has reflect on that corner decision in injury time

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That kind of forward drive is exactly what we are waiting for and the next step for this team. I think Chris knows this and is bedding them slowly, but it is very exciting.

Together with Stephens, excellent on his return, Bernardo - who looks so confident, and March who is growing game by game, thats a huge amount of energy in the squad., Plus Knocky and Jose who will always do nothing but run at them. I like it. Stick Propper on the bench - he's has just become a short-backwards and sideways passer who offers nothing when we don't have the ball, and Glenn, well, its a toughie

Hmmm partly right, partly wrong. I agree that we needed more pace today, and that the arrival of Andone and Bissouma provided it, but they should have been introduced a lot earlier, when we were 2-0 down. I might have been tempted to bring Gross off much earlier too as the game was far too fast for him..

Stephens, normally such a good passer of the ball, had a really poor ghame today I thought, probably just rusty after being out of the side. Bernardo, rightly in my view, was given man of the match, and Solly March at least scored our solitary and was involved in the game in the second half.

I actually thought, towards the end that we might have fashioned an equaliser, but it just wasn't to be.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A game of two halves and I think we shall a steady changing of the old guard after today. Andone, Bernardo and Bissouma are part of an exciting future.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Very few goals are scored direct from corners.

We seem to have scored and conceded from plenty over the last couple of years! Even if the original cross doesn’t result in a goal, it seems fairly common for a half cleared corner to result in a goal when the ball is played back in.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Hmmm partly right, partly wrong. I agree that we needed more pace today, and that the arrival of Andone and Bissouma provided it, but they should have been introduced a lot earlier, when we were 2-0 down. I might have been tempted to bring Gross off much earlier too as the game was far too fast for him..

Stephens, normally such a good passer of the ball, had a really poor ghame today I thought, probably just rusty after being out of the side. Bernardo, rightly in my view, was given man of the match, and Solly March at least scored our solitary and was involved in the game in the second half.

I actually thought, towards the end that we might have fashioned an equaliser, but it just wasn't to be.

Stephens was rusty and should've never started. GM looked a bit frail against sideshow Bob and Rudiger. Hindsight is 100% accurate but neither should've started

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We seem to have scored and conceded from plenty over the last couple of years! Even if the original cross doesn’t result in a goal, it seems fairly common for a half cleared corner to result in a goal when the ball is played back in.

I don't think the stats back that up. I don't have the figures to hand but there's a chapter in Soccernomics about why short corners make sense.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This. Really really bad. Bissouma must be furious he’s lost his place and Stephens gets to come back in and produce that.

Re Bissouma and Andone, both should’ve started. This was neither a game for Murray nor for Stephens. CH needs to stop being so sentimental.

Spot on. We needed movement, Stephens at times looked statuesque.

That said I would start Murray at Bournemouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That kind of forward drive is exactly what we are waiting for and the next step for this team. I think Chris knows this and is bedding them slowly, but it is very exciting.

Together with Stephens, excellent on his return, Bernardo - who looks so confident, and March who is growing game by game, thats a huge amount of energy in the squad., Plus Knocky and Jose who will always do nothing but run at them. I like it. Stick Propper on the bench - he's has just become a short-backwards and sideways passer who offers nothing when we don't have the ball, and Glenn, well, its a toughie

It was going so well until the stick Propper on the bench, surely you should have said bench Stephens.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Stephens was jogging around doing not very much, for much of the game, and passing backwards when he got the ball. He looked off the pace. No idea why anyone says he was 'excellent' (a word used on another thread). Rarely have I seen him perform 'excellently' - can you tell I am one of those who has never been a Stephens fan...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Funny how we see things differently. Agree re Bissouma and Andone but Propper is quality on the ball most of the time. Cannot agree that he had anything but a good game today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here