Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
5 key signings were before we kicked a premier league ball.
arguably only 2 late signings were Krul and Scheletto.
Of course the 1 key signing last summer didn't happen whether because we left it too late, didn't think players would fail medicals, or relied on other clubs incoming that didn't materialise. Take your pick.

Gross - May 19th
Ryan - June 16th
Suttner - July 13th
Izzy Brown (loan) - July 25th
Propper - Aug 7th
Izquierdo - Aug 20th
Krul/Scheletto - Aug 31st

Both you and [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] are confirming my point

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
ALBION MAKE FIRST SUMMER SIGNING!

Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Nigeria international defender Leon Balogun.

The 29-year-old centre-back joins on a free transfer after leaving Bundesliga side FSV Mainz 05, and has signed a two-year deal with the club.

Albion manager Chris Hughton said, "I am delighted to welcome Leon to the club. He will add more depth to our defensive options, and I am pleased to get our first piece of business done so early in the summer.

"He is in the peak years of his career and I am sure he will integrate well into the squad.

"He also has valuable experience, having played in the Bundesliga, the Europa League and at international level."

The 6ft 3in defender began his club career at Turkiyemspor Berlin in July 2007, before further moves to Hannover and Werder Bremen.

Brief spells at Fortuna Dusseldorf and SV Darmstadt 98 followed before he joined Mainz in July 2015, where he has made a total of 58 appearances, scoring once.

Berlin-born Balogun is eligible to play for Nigeria through his father, and has 14 caps to his name.

He missed out on the 2014 World Cup in Brazil after breaking his foot shortly before the tournament, but has been named in the preliminary 30-man squad for Russia 2018 after helping the Super Eagles to qualify.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, with Balogun joining have we lost focus on Andone? Could we see more activity today?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NSC is incredibly dull today. Another singing would pep things up a bit :rock:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
2abb71a9c849e8709f77b7f47a381f42.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
After Gross it took nearly a month to sign another first teamer (Ryan) if my memory is correct. Could be a bit of a wait after Balogun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here