Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes there are lots of figures and facts, it just depends on the context: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus

"By the end of March 1948 thirty villages were depopulated of their Palestinian Arab population.[16]:82 Approximately 100,000 Palestinian Arabs had fled to Arab parts of Palestine, such as Gaza, Beersheba, Haifa, Nazareth, Nablus, Jaffa and Bethlehem."

No, the information is solid. It doesn't depend on context. What you said was completely wrong.

You are now quoting figures from a particular point in the exodus where a particular number had fled, which is completely different to what you said earlier. This number at this time point does not make up the total number of refugees and their descendants alive today that you mentioned earlier. By the end of the exodus, 700,000+ had been displaced.

Just admit you were wrong.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No, the information is solid. It doesn't depend on context. What you said was completely wrong.

You are now quoting figures from a particular point in the exodus where a particular number had fled, which is completely different to what you said earlier. This number at this time point does not make up the total number of refugees and their descendants you mentioned earlier. By the end of the exodus, 700,000+ had been displaced.

he believes in perpetual motion engines!
just saying!
???:whistle::D:p:thumbsup::smokin::rolleyes:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Do you believe that Noah was the father of the Canaanites?

Ignoring my reply again?

Going to admit you got your figures completely wrong, such that the actual figures are 7 times higher than the figures you provided?

Quite a large difference, don't you think?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

You are now quoting figures from a particular point in the exodus where a particular number had fled, which is completely different to what you said earlier. This number at this time point does not make up the total number of refugees and their descendants alive today that you mentioned earlier. By the end of the exodus, 700,000+ had been displaced.

The area was chopped up fairly into Jordan, Israel and Palestine. Yes there was a bit of movement around the same area. Anyway even going by 700k being displaced we are now looking at 4.3 million claiming to be displaced. I guess you are expecting the Jews to move out to make room for the 4.3 millon?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The area was chopped up fairly into Jordan, Israel and Palestine. Yes there was a bit of movement around the same area. Anyway even going by 700k being displaced we are now looking at 4.3 million claiming to be displaced. I guess you are expecting the Jews to move out to make room for the 4.3 millon?

So you're not going to admit you were completely wrong then?

I don't even know what the rest of your post has to do with what we're discussing. I'm just pointing out the entirely rudimentary information which you would expect anyone expressing an opinion on the situation to know. It's the complete basics of what the anniversary is commemorating today.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I take the Torah with a pinch of salt when it comes to being historically factual and the Canaanites may have become Israelites without force. So I don't know what happened 3,000 years ago because there has been no evidence even for Moses.

has evidence got any bearing on your oft aired opinions?
such as perpetual motion engines!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

I don't even know what the rest of your post has to do with what we're discussing. I'm just pointing out the entirely rudimentary information which you would expect anyone expressing an opinion on the situation to know. It's the complete basics of what the anniversary is commemorating today.

he doesn't do facts, he merely trawls the web until he discovers it.
(something that you don't know) ???

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

The aniversary is concerning the hundred thousand displaced to the Gaza Strip that Al Jazeera quoted. It wasn't 700k displaced to the Strip.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here