Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jose Mourinho's press conference

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Were they actually journalists in there?! You'd think, JM almost all to yourself, you'd ask as many questions as you could, about anything - opportunity wasted.

I totally agree. At the very least someone could have asked "Do you think Fat Sam is a bit of a c*nt?" The young lad Harrup scores 15 mins into his debut - who knows, he might be the next Michael Owen - and no comment from the manager.

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
Were they actually journalists in there?! You'd think, JM almost all to yourself, you'd ask as many questions as you could, about anything - opportunity wasted.

Exactly, can't see why people are slating mourinho here. They were asking for questions and all the journalists just sat there quietly?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So as a press guy, you've got in early to be at the front. Sky, BBC, Sun & Star probably get to ask the questions normally, so here you are. You and one other with Jose all to yourself for 10 minutes. You've waited all your life for this. Birthday & Xmas all in one. "He's looking at me, directly at me, he's talking to me, I'm the hero, he's my hero, oh my god, Jose". "Any questions". "Oh Jose spoke to ME, what do I say?"
"NO"
"S**T I blew it, all these years of waiting and I blew it"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Press conferences are a pile of :shit: anyway. Not just his but all of them. The FA make it so that any manager who speaks his mind gets a fine so they are bland and have become pointless.

Exactly I'm team Mourinho, maverick who cocks a snoot at doing such regimented inane bullshit week in, week out. Let the man do his job. I feel for our own Chris who is forced to repeat the same answers to the same inane questions every week about how well it's going and the future of blah and the injury to blah zzzzzzzzzzz

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly, can't see why people are slating mourinho here. They were asking for questions and all the journalists just sat there quietly?

"All the journalists"? Mourinho clearly went to the press room when he knew nobody would be there in order to get out of actually having to do a press conference.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This is a surprise considering how desperate he was to manage Man U. It is an open secret that he spoke to a Spanish journalist in tears when he was passed over for the job in favour of David Moyes...Apparently it has been his ambition since he started out in management to take over at Old Trafford.

When Mourinho first came to England he was brilliant, often amusing with his own brand of self-confidence. However, when he went back to Stamford Bridge Jose returned a different man, as now he is just a serial whinger and comes across as a total tool.

I hope Ajax royally stuff them in the UEFA Cup Final.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

I still want him to win.

Would never cheer for a foreign team against an English one unless it was Palace.

I hope Utd win, as it could mean another team tired when they play us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
He seems terribly insecure these days that he's past his best. All he seems to do now is lash out at other people (players, other managers, the FA, medical staff) in a desperate attempt to ensure that no responsibility for anything falls on him. This sort of stuff used to at least appear to be about creating a siege mentality for his team; now it's just blatantly about him and his reputation. Would love it if Ajax won.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I still want him to win.

Would never cheer for a foreign team against an English one unless it was Palace.

I hope Utd win, as it could mean another team tired when they play us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loath Man Utd almost as much as I do Palace so I have no problem cheering on the foreigners against them. Plus, I do not understand having to support the English team, especially Man Utd, as they are so far removed from being English...Their fans openly resent the England team, so stuff 'em.

As for your last point, I have not got a clue what you mean by that...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

D

Deleted User X18H

"All the journalists"? Mourinho clearly went to the press room when he knew nobody would be there in order to get out of actually having to do a press conference.

I would have had a question ready. I am like a coiled spring at the presser me.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Arrogant twunt. Hope Man Utd get beat as he admits he has been putting all of his eggs in this particular basket. Am sure they will win, but the man is a cock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here