Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The furthest you have woken from home after a night on the lash?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
On the way back from Ipswich a few years ago, I had a few beeers in London and got the last train to Brighton. Somehow managed to wake up in Southampton. Missed the last train to Brighton that night so had to kip on a bench by the station. Main problem was I was skint and there were no trains from Southampton to Brighton the next day due engineering works (IIRC it was Easter Sunday) ended up having to get the train to Clapham and back down.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I remember waking up thinking I was at Gatwick as was always a way to get halfway home after missing the last train back from London. Staggering around in a bleary haze eventually realizing I was at Heathrow and had fallen asleep on the Piccadilly line. To make matters worse in my drunken sleep some delightful soul had relieved me of my bag & wallet including my train pass so had to bunk back to Victoria and then onto the train. Was the day of the 4-4 Orient game at the Goldstone which I eventually missed :-(.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Woke up in Wallingford (nr Oxford) after I had met up with a mate in London to play cards- we missed the start of the tournament so spent all day drinking in London, decided to go back to Oxford with him continued drinking with his mates must have stumble out of club on my own. Got in a taxi and asked him to drive me back to Brighton, got to Wallingford and threw up in his cap so he chucked me out after rinsing my wallet (fair enough) and fell asleep in a bus shelter.

Living at home at the time and thought I'd got away with it but apparently I had called my dad at 4 in the morning asking him to pick me up.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I woke up on a plane flying to Jersey. I'd bought a return so I had to stay there two nights before I could fly back again..

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I woke up in Uckfield once at about 3.30am on a nightbus after missing my stop in Lewes. Not too far away but as there were no taxis I had to sleep rough behind the train station, then get up and go straight into work in the morning.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Once travelled BA business class and got so tanked up in the help yourself bar in the lounge, I have no recollection of the flight until I was woken up in Joberg. Then had to travel on Botswana Airways propeller thingy up to Gaberone sat next to a nun who nicked my springbok biltong in-flight snack.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
On a boat off the Turkish coast.

Was in Kusadasi late 80s and following a night out had decided to bed down on a fishing boat in the harbour.

Woke up at sea, and initially thought I had been kidnapped.

You can only imagine how pleased my Turkish shipmates were to see me.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
With trains involved. Nodded off briefly while travelling from Haywards Heath to Hove after a leaving do. Woke up at Portsmouth Harbour and had to sleep in the bus shelter outside to catch the first train back in the morning. Showered, sh*t and shaved and went to work pretending nothing had happened. (Was even in the wrong half of the fecking train, I was supposed to be in the Littlehampton bit!)

On foot... While a student in Sheffield I once woke in a back garden where the only way in was over a 6ft wall or through the house. I have no idea how I got there but after finally getting back I checked it is was 9 miles away from my halls. I was only drinking in Crookes which was a bout half a mile away, so I have no idea how I got there!

On holiday... I got smashed on the first night of a holiday in Cyprus and decided to walk "home". I had no idea where we were staying so set off for the only place I knew... the airport. I got about 4-5 miles down the road before I was with it enough to realise that I at least had to walk back to Paphos. Took till lunchtime the next day to walk back to the town sq and meet my mates who were out getting lunch having assumed I'd just pulled!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Went down to watch Aldershot at Gillingham late 80's all day on the beer.Back to London for an evening session which included taking a very smelly tramp complete with crash helmet into a posh wine bar.Ended up in The Hole in the Wall where we lost a mate between there and waterloo.He ended up getting kicked of the Train at a Station he didn't know,he walked out of The Station and saw a sign post saying Gillingham x Miles .Panicking he thought he was back in Kent,but had actually ended up in Salisbury.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I legged it early from work about 4pm to Canon Street station and jumped on the first train leaving thinking that all trains leaving Canon St stop at London Bridge, how wrong was I? This was the train to Kent with the first stop at Rochester!! Got to Rochester and the only way to get back to Southwick was to go to Victoria and then back down to Brighton and across to Southwick. Finally arriving at Southwick at 10pm, unfortunately there was no drink involved not even on the train until I got to Southwick!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here