Stephens

CMS
OGrady
Lua Lua

Subs : Ankers + 6

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd like to see Walton and Rea given some game time, Hughton can fiddle around with the rest of them.
Is that a new way of saying 'Hughton can pull them off at half time'?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I'd like to see Walton and Rea given some game time, Hughton can fiddle around with the rest of them.

Agree I think Walton and Rea should be in the squad along with Harris.Think Walton and Rea should both start one of the last 2 games. Nothing to lose now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Rea Bennett.

Caldi Ince Stephens.

Kayal

CMS O'Grady

Subs
Walton
LuaLua
JFC
Greer
Halford
Best.???:moo:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Rea Bennett.

Caldi Ince Stephens.

Kayal

CMS O'Grady

Subs
Walton
LuaLua
JFC
Greer
Halford
Best.???:moo:...or send him home?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
------------------ Walton --------------------
Bruno ---- Dunk ----- Rea ------ Bennett
-------- Ince ---- Kayal --- Stephens -----
Calderon ------ O'Grady ------- Lua Lua

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Whats point of picking the same team and same formation that didnt work all year.
We safe now so why not try some young players or some different formations and try some different things in a league environment and yes Watford need points but we need to try new players and formations so my team would be

GK - Walton
RB - Calderon
LB - Chicksen
CB - Hughes
CB - Pappoe
RM - J Starkey
CM - Ince
CM - Kayal
LM - Lua Lua
CF - Harris
CF -O Grady

SUBS
GK - Doherty
df - Rea
md - Barry
cf - Fenelon
df - Greer
md - forster caskey
md - Caroyal

This is mix of experience with some youngsters who deserve to play some games, i think Harris, Starkey, Rea, Pappoe and Walton all players who could be in the first team side next year so why not play them now, i think is still a decent side and with these youngsters eager to impress why not, what is there to lose we cant be much worse than been recently, id also play hughes as hasnt been given a chance all year and calderon been one of our best players and play good ball winners in kayal and ince together.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whats point of picking the same team and same formation that didnt work all year.
We safe now so why not try some young players or some different formations and try some different things in a league environment and yes Watford need points but we need to try new players and formations so my team would be

GK - Walton
RB - Calderon
LB - Chicksen
CB - Hughes
CB - Pappoe
RM - J Starkey
CM - Ince
CM - Kayal
LM - Lua Lua
CF - Harris
CF -O Grady

SUBS
GK - Doherty
df - Rea
md - Barry
cf - Fenelon
df - Greer
md - forster caskey
md - Caroyal

Chicksen's on loan, so definitely won't be playing. Pretty sure Fenelon is too

I agree with playing some youngsters but that side would be mad - we could well be hit by sanctions if we selected that many kids, possibly even points deduction. Why risk it?

I agree with the general consensus: places for Walton and Rea and a young sub: Harris? Muitt? But leave the experienced players in

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If Peter Ward is over for the REMF, sign him and let him play the last 10 minutes. He honestly would be no worse than the strikers we have seen this year.

PW in the blue and white stripes at the Amex - what could be better?

and if he should score the place would erupt

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All for giving Rea a go. He plays defensive midfield, though.

Walton

Calderon-Rea-Greer-Chicksen

Stephens-Ince-Kayal

Boycott's mum-COG-a.n.other​

--------------------------------------Stockdale-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------Greer---------------------------------------------
----------------------------------Rea----------Dunk------------------------------------
Bruno---------------------------------------------------------------------------Bennett
------------------------------------------Ince----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------Stephens----Kayal------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------KLL----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------O'Grady------------------------------------------

I forgot Chicksen is on loan at Fleetwood, so corrected lineup :

Walton

Calderon
Greer
Rea
Bennett

Ince
JFC
Stephens

CMS
OGrady
Lua Lua

Subs : Ankers + 6

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Rea Bennett.

Caldi Ince Stephens.

Kayal

CMS O'Grady

Subs
Walton
LuaLua
JFC
Greer
Halford
Best.???:moo:

Walton
Ince
Dunk
Rea
Bruno
Ince
Forster Caskey
Kayal
Lua Lua
O Grady
Mackail Smith

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Rea Bennett.

Caldi Ince Stephens.

Kayal

CMS O'Grady

Subs
Walton
LuaLua
JFC
Greer
Halford
Best.???:moo:...or send him home?

------------------ Walton --------------------
Bruno ---- Dunk ----- Rea ------ Bennett
-------- Ince ---- Kayal --- Stephens -----
Calderon ------ O'Grady ------- Lua Lua

If we are going to give one of the young lads a chance, and it seems Rea is as close as any, then let's at least let him give the best impression of himself in his favoured position!

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Chicksen's on loan, so definitely won't be playing. Pretty sure Fenelon is too

I agree with playing some youngsters but that side would be mad - we could well be hit by sanctions if we selected that many kids, possibly even points deduction. Why risk it?

I agree with the general consensus: places for Walton and Rea and a young sub: Harris? Muitt? But leave the experienced players in

Yeah i thought Chicksen and Fenelon could be, but if us picking 2-3 youngsters in our 1st team will help these youngsters and maybe us next seasons isnt this what football should be.
I think this team is a mix of youth eg just Pappoe, Walton, Starkey and Harris playing with experienced players, i think this side would have more chance of beating watford than the same players which played recently and have lost game after game and not scored game after game so what worse could happen.
If we pick same team and same formation as have recently we will be thrashed as well 4-0.
I would rest Stephens and tell him go on holiday early as we need you to be ready for next season, id even think about doing same for Kayal as we need to base the side around the good players have already and not risk injury.
Players id keep next year and build around are only a handful
Stephens, Kayal, Ince, Lua Lua, then keep Greer and Calderon but get rid of the rest.
We can sell players like Dunk who was exceptional start of year but end of year been one of worst players, Stockdale i know some love and hate him, personally i think he is plain average and we have top talent in walton so cash in, we need to buy new and bring some of these talented youngsters in as recent results for under 21s been promising we need to start bringing some of these talents in as we lost Cook, Hall and Elphick all brighton lads but werent trusted here.

Last edited:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Our development team are hardly pulling up any trees in their league. Why would CH promote them into the first team? No excuse for gifting Watford an easy victory

Come on really they have been in good form recently and i think the side we been playing recently would give watford a easy win as no effort or skill in recent games and thats when we werent safe, so now we are safe isnt the effort going to be less ? come on Stumpy think about what your saying and what has been happening on the field.
We need fresh eager players to wear the shirt and show look im good i deserve a chance, these players who played week in week out have had chance and FAILED.
Move on, dont even give them a chance to play again, they have had opportunity

Stumpy Tim

Come on really they have been in good form recently and i think the side we been playing recently would give watford a easy win as no effort or skill in recent games and thats when we werent safe, so now we are safe isnt the effort going to be less ? come on Stumpy think about what your saying and what has been happening on the field.
We need fresh eager players to wear the shirt and show look im good i deserve a chance, these players who played week in week out have had chance and FAILED.
Move on, dont even give them a chance to play again, they have had opportunity

I have seen what's going on on the pitch, and though we haven't been playing well we also haven't been thrashed anywhere. I'm not saying don't give any of the kids a go, but suddenly promoting five or six isn't going to work out well for anyone except Watford

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have seen what's going on on the pitch, and though we haven't been playing well we also haven't been thrashed anywhere. I'm not saying don't give any of the kids a go, but suddenly promoting five or six isn't going to work out well for anyone except Watford

Other clubs in the race for promotion would soon have something to say. Why possibly incur a fine?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

I think if you keep more than 60% of side your be fine and Walton has played this year, also i think teams like southampton, Tottenham and now Aston villa giving youngsters a chance and they are actually getting better so why not.
Yes we havent been thrashed this year but whats the point of just putting same side out that doesnt work and wont push us to where want to be next year, why dont we try some new tactics, players, formations as watford need to win this game so be a brillant experiment for us with no pressure but if we put players in hungry for success with players trying to prove can still represent our club next year we will have a good performance.
Personally i now think we should rest Kayal and Stephens and not risk them for next season as both had injuries this year and we need them fit for next year, but i still would pick these players said as cant be any worse than the results we been getting, as if we put out same team have recently we will lose and if by freak did win this shows even more so that the players have let us down as if can only perform when no pressure they arent up for our club.
We need to make changes NOW for next season not in 5 months time, make the most out of these 2 games, really try stuff and see whats good and bad, but please dont pick same players, same formation, same tempo, same old same old as if do we wont improve next year.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

I also get your point to a degree on that havent been thrashed but we all of a sudden excepting that oh we lose 1-0 thats good, we got to start winning games or even drawing and start creating some chances and putting some of them away, at least hitting the target a lot more and the tactics we use are a bit negative eg not conceding many but we still lose most games recently and that isnt acceptable so yeah make changes and smallmouth, middlesnofans, foreignford, and Norwich shouldnt mind as we at least trying to win the game in different manner to have in last 2 months

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett (unless there is a DS left back good enough)

JFC
Kayal
Stephens

DS right winger
O'Grady
Lualua

Subs - walton, DS centre back, Rea, Ince, DS winger, calde and CMS
Cms to get 10 at end to say goodbye. Would pick holla but looking at next season I don't think he will be here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here