Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 2018-19 discipline watch

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Last November [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] created a thread to provide some clarification on the disciplinary status of Albion first-team players. I subsequently created a regularly-updated "article" that gave the current status after each first-team match.

I have created a similar "article" for this season that summarises the current disciplinary status and shows when the cut-offs are for potential suspensions. It won't be of much interest right now, but as we progress through the season (and the Albion first-team adopt the manager's snarling pitchside persona) you may wish to refer to it (so make a bookmark) - Brighton and Hove Albion - Disciplinary Status 2018-19

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So, Beram Kayal seems to have inherited the spirit of Kazenga LuaLua (who managed to pick up 5 cautions in 6 matches at the start of the 2015-16 season). Kayal earned his 4th booking in 5 matches on Saturday, and one more picked up in any Premier League match up-to-and-including the Arsenal game on December 26th will result in a one-match ban.

Anthony Knockaert and Dale Stephens are 2 bookings away from a ban.

Keep up-to-date with the latest disciplinary status (and familiarize yourself with the current regulations surrounding cautions) at NSC's own dedicated article - Brighton and Hove Albion - Disciplinary Status 2018-19

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
One further note on bookings this season: Albion have picked up 23 cautions in Premier League matches so far, whereas our opponents in those games have picked up only 12. I have no idea what that tells us, if anything.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One further note on bookings this season: Albion have picked up 23 cautions in Premier League matches so far, whereas our opponents in those games have picked up only 12. I have no idea what that tells us, if anything.

We picked up 3 bookings against Man City they had none yet Sterling did a professional foul and should have been booked. I think it was Ak got booked for supposedly going too hard on a player, as soon AK was booked their player got up and ran off...

AK got booked for over celebrating the penalty....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I notice a certain cheating diver is on 3 with a 4 or 5 games until we play them...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here