Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester v Southampton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think anyone thinks that. It's simply the case that our best chance of survival is for Southampton and Stoke to fail. If Southampton go on a run and stay up, it may well be at the expense of Swansea or Huddersfield, but it could also be at our expense.

Spot on. If the current relegation incumbents keep screwing up then it’s happy days. But...

Obviously we're in a good position, but we want to start celebrating and looking forward to the summer transfer window and another season in the PL, but the pessimists among us can't do that yet.

Celebrating is a bit strong considering what we’re celebrating is the prospect of another season of few goals, moral victories and a huge influx of TV money that we’ll either not spend on anyone, or spend on someone six months too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It would be nice to be confident in the Albion managing at least one more point instead of assuming we lose all of the remaining fixtures.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No different from 730pm on Tuesday, both got a point from relatively difficult matches, 7 points behind and 4 to go so they need 2 wins and 2 draws unless we ship loads of goals

Unfortunately not the case. 2 wins and a draw would almost certainly mean they finish above us if we lose all 4. Even if we lost them all by a single goal they probably still would. Wake up boy, simple maths :lol:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Despite the way it's coming across in my furious posts, I'm totally chilled. What I'm not, however, is jumping around celebrating, and that's what I want to be doing :)

Trig I’ll leave this with you, may calm you down.

Michael Fish

“Earlier on today apparently a woman rang the BBC and said she had heard that Southampton would finish above Brighton. Well if you are watching, don't worry, they won’t."

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Michael Fish

“Earlier on today apparently a woman rang the BBC and said she had heard that Southampton would finish above Brighton. Well if you are watching, don't worry, they won’t."
[MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Unfortunately not the case. 2 wins and a draw would almost certainly mean they finish above us if we lose all 4. Even if we lost them all by a single goal they probably still would. Wake up boy, simple maths :lol:

If Swansea lose to Southampton it would mean Swansea would need four points from the Bournmouth and Stoke games (if we assume they get nothihg v Man City and Liverpool) assuming we lose all four remaining games, for them to finish above us and not need to reverse GD as well.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Michael Fish

love it....and hopefully we will get the next 20 years are brighton will be relegated when we don't.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

And if Man City beat them 4-0?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I bet you didnt think we'd be promoted till we got the draw at Villa.:)
:glare:
Sorry win two and draw one.
Well just 2 wins, if they can get a draw against City.
Celebrating is a bit strong considering what we’re celebrating is the prospect of another season of few goals, moral victories and a huge influx of TV money that we’ll either not spend on anyone, or spend on someone six months too late.
You make me look like an optimist. I'm totally happy with just being an also ran in the PL. Winning every week against smaller clubs like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday is great an' all, but we were operating at a loss and it wasn't sustainable.

Michael Fish

Sadly I'm old enough to know that that means we're doomed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Swansea lose to Southampton it would mean Swansea would need four points from the Bournmouth and Stoke games (if we assume they get nothihg v Man City and Liverpool) assuming we lose all four remaining games, for them to finish above us and not need to reverse GD as well.
If we lose 4 and they lose 3 and win 1, then making up a GD of 4 is not difficult, particularly given that we're going to Man City and Liverpool.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I would dearly love to see Southampton relegated just to see Mark Hughes have a hand in two clubs going down in the same season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And if Man City beat them 4-0?

At their place... well they’d still probably have enough goals to turn around the 9 goal deficit with us losing 4 and them winning 2. We won’t finish ahead of them on GD if equal points - I’m pretty certain of that. Esp as we have Loooool & City away.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I was purely talking about saints...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
(Edit) But they play Man City (A) and Chelsea (H) as well
No they don't. We both play City away. They play Chelsea at home, we play united. They play Bournemouth away, we play Burnley away. Even so far.

They play Southampton and Stoke at home, we play Liverpool away.

If it's between us and Swansea on the last day, and they're 3 points a 3 GD behind, we will be shitting ourselves.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was purely talking about saints...

Yes but for Saints to get the results everyone is talking about - it would mean beating Swansea away (they have only won 5 all season - 4 prior to Nov 2017) so Swansea could be dragged into it as they would then need 4 points to overall us (if we lose 4 games).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here