Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is going on with our club?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I put my faith in Mcghee plenty of times but I am now starting to ask questions and if things dont improve over the next month he should go.

I also think this is not being helped with the financial position at the club, I think we are seriously in debt because of Falmer, more that they want us to know.

The longer those Wan*ers @ LDC, Liberal Democrates and the goverment screw around the more damage is being done to this club.

What really annoys me is that I doiubt we will get any compensation out of this.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
adrian29uk said:
I put my faith in Mcghee plenty of times but I am now starting to ask questions and if things dont improve over the next month he should go.

I also think this is not being helped with the financial position at the club, I think we are seriously in debt because of Falmer, more that they want us to know.

The longer those Wan*ers @ LDC, Liberal Democrates and the goverment screw around the more damage is being done to this club.

What really annoys me is that I doiubt we will get any compensation out of this.

Blame the board

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

BarrelofFun said:
What exactly have the board done wrong?

For not funding McGhee.We still have some playing budget left.McGhee highlighted the players a while back but the club didn't act on it.Intsead of strengthening the squad we have just weakened it by selling yet another good player

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

algie said:
For not funding McGhee.We still have some playing budget left.McGhee highlighted the players a while back but the club didn't act on it.Intsead of strengthening the squad we have just weakened it by selling yet another good player
I feel that McGhee is being used by the club as they know the fans are not happy with him so it takes the pressure of them

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

algie said:
For not funding McGhee.We still have some playing budget left.McGhee highlighted the players a while back but the club didn't act on it.

I thought we had bids accepted along the lines. I would like to see some more backing of McGhee personally, but I think the wages are the big stumbling block. We are keeping to a strict wage structure and I would imagine that no one player is earning a lot more than the other (except the 1st years).

I guess if we are not happy with midtable midocrity then the board must splash out, but DK said he was happy with that. I do feel sorry for McGhee. He loses players and then has a real struggle to replace them.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Could this not have been said on one of the 836282683786297486926842994674927947926934 other threads we have about this?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

BarrelofFun said:
I thought we had bids accepted along the lines. I would like to see some more backing of McGhee personally, but I think the wages are the big stumbling block. We are keeping to a strict wage structure and I would imagine that no one player is earning a lot more than the other (except the 1st years).

I guess if we are not happy with midtable midocrity then the board must splash out, but DK said he was happy with that. I do feel sorry for McGhee. He loses players and then has a real struggle to replace them.

Knight said he would be happy with a mid table finish and i can see why now.He intends not to strengthen the squad

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

BarrelofFun said:

I think I would be happy with midtable finish, but our squad gets smaller and smaller each season of experienced players.
What happens if we get a couple of serious long term injuries, I think our slide will just continue.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

fosters headband said:
I think I would be happy with midtable finish, but our squad gets smaller and smaller each season of experienced players.
What happens if we get a couple of serious long term injuries, I think our slide will just continue.

Like last season. The loss of Oatway and then the rushing back of Chippy, left us short of an influential player.

I would be happy with a midtable finish, but I agree we do need to bolster our squad.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

BarrelofFun said:
Like last season. The loss of Oatway and then the rushing back of Chippy, left us short of an influential player.

I would be happy with a midtable finish, but I agree we do need to bolster our squad.

I think this is why the fans are now turning against DK and the board.
They can all see the danger of what they are doing but the board dont seem able to or dont want to act!!

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

fosters headband said:
I think this is why the fans are now turning against DK and the board.
They can all see the danger of what they are doing but the board dont seem able to or dont want to act!!

I am going to wait and see if we get a few loan signings. I am sure we will be fine this season, but you never can tell.

I can understand why they keep their cards close to their chest but it is frustrating.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

BarrelofFun said:
I am going to wait and see if we get a few loan signings. I am sure we will be fine this season, but you never can tell.

I can understand why they keep their cards close to their chest but it is frustrating.

If only keeping their cards close to their chest included not saying who they are going to sign.
I just wished they announced another signing rather than "oh dear thats another that would not sign".
It is becomming like the fisherman who tells about the big one that got away, no one believes him either.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

fosters headband said:
If only keeping their cards close to their chest included not saying who they are going to sign.
I just wished they announced another signing rather than "oh dear thats another that would not sign".
It is becomming like the fisherman who tells about the big one that got away, no one believes him either.

Or cried wolf so many times

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the hell is going on with our club?

fosters headband said:

:lol: Stupidly I get my hopes up every time a name is mentioned. When will I learn!!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here