Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly at Birmingham tomorrow

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Tempted where is the best place to park??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tempted where is the best place to park??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
No problem with street parking according to the very helpful Birmingham City lady on the phone, The road by the ground (Cattell Road, where the entrance is tomorrow) is closed an hour before kick off though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think any of us really knows yet, but there's a mention on Clubcall website that Alireza could debut at Birmingham. I'm not in the know, but I only thought I saw they might play a part. May be totally wrong though.

Surely not, he has only been in the country for a matter of days, probably hasn't even met all of his team mates yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely not, he has only been in the country for a matter of days, probably hasn't even met all of his team mates yet.

Good chance to get to know them, then. No points at stake - apart from a bit of humiliation it really wouldn't matter if they won 6-0 (although it might not be great for confidence!). Besides, he's a professional footballer, isn't he? Without knowing his team-mates he will know what 4-4-2 is, or 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1, and roughly what role he would have to fulfil in any given position within those formations.
"You're playing left midfield/left wing in a 4-4-2 formation, son." "OK Boss, I understand." It ain't rocket science, is it? Most of us on NSC would understand exactly what was required - we just lack the skills to carry it out, which is why we aren't (or weren't) professional footballers. Yes, to get that up to the level of the PL needs work, and knowing where and what your team-mates are going to do - but this is a friendly; it's a learning opportunity.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thanks AZ. Appreciated.

FWIW
All the squad are available, according to Hughton, apart from Andone (Groin) - due back v Nice, Locadia (Groin) - "2 weeks" - possibly due back v Nantes, and Izquierdo (World Cup - Nice) , Alireza (just signed - Nice) but yep i'll be keeping a Hughton press conference/injury latest tracker on a thread all season to track this stuff .
PS: Hughton always gives out this info pre- matches in press conferences . And despite the scoffing on here. If he says he's fit, then he nearly always is.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
this on the Argus site this morning

"Squad for Birmingham: Ryan, Button; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Balogun, White, Bernardo, Suttner, Stephens, Propper, Bissouma, Knockaert, March, Gross, Murray, Hemed, Gyokeres."

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Good chance to get to know them, then. No points at stake - apart from a bit of humiliation it really wouldn't matter if they won 6-0 (although it might not be great for confidence!). Besides, he's a professional footballer, isn't he? Without knowing his team-mates he will know what 4-4-2 is, or 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1, and roughly what role he would have to fulfil in any given position within those formations.
"You're playing left midfield/left wing in a 4-4-2 formation, son." "OK Boss, I understand." It ain't rocket science, is it? Most of us on NSC would understand exactly what was required - we just lack the skills to carry it out, which is why we aren't (or weren't) professional footballers. Yes, to get that up to the level of the PL needs work, and knowing where and what your team-mates are going to do - but this is a friendly; it's a learning opportunity.

Are you Kevin Keegan in disguise?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Via the Argus: the squad is

Ryan, Button; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Balogun, White, Bernardo, Suttner, Stephens, Propper, Bissouma, Knockaert, March, Gross, Murray, Hemed, Gyokeres.

Scheletto, Kayal aren't injured - so perhaps they are being spared for Tuesday's friendly with Nice
Locadia, Andone are injured although Andone is due a run out on Tuesday.
Izquierdo, Alireza being also spared until Tuesday.

Towell, Skalak, Norwood, Baldock presumably all waiting for the exit.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
How do you know he's not playing anyway . Its only the Argus. It could be wrong. No way of knowing.

Indeed. No Bong in their squad, for example. A knock, perhaps. Gyokeres’s inclusion is a positive sign though.

On Kayal, I can’t see the King being surplus to requirements unless we sign another central midfielder, and there won’t be many better fourth-choices around.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed. No Bong in their squad, for example. A knock, perhaps. Gyokeres’s inclusion is a positive sign though.

On Kayal, I can’t see the King being surplus to requirements unless we sign another central midfielder, and there won’t be many better fourth-choices around.

Bong, Scheletto, Kayal all being rested for Tuesday/Nice i suspect when Izquierdo, Andone and Alireza will all get a run out.
And on Friday, Hughton will then pick his starting Watford 11 or very close to it. Normally does in that final friendly.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Indeed. No Bong in their squad, for example. A knock, perhaps. Gyokeres’s inclusion is a positive sign though.On Kayal, I can’t see the King being surplus to requirements unless we sign another central midfielder, and there won’t be many better fourth-choices around.

Yeah that's an interesting one, he has never even been mentioned or discussed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here