Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Unlocking a phone

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Looking for recommendations for services to unlock an iPhone 6s. Ideally online but if anyone knows of a shop in Lewes/Brighton, that would be okay too.

Thanks a lot!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Used ebay on a couple of occasions with success.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You used eBay to unlock an iPhone? Or to buy an unlocked iPhone? I already have the phone.

Not Iphone but other phone makes i've been given unlocking codes within two hours.. Having a quick look on there seems doable.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Apparently if you have come to the end of a contract you are entitled to ask the supplier to unlock your phone for free.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apparently if you have come to the end of a contract you are entitled to ask the supplier to unlock your phone for free.

This. When I got a new phone recently I gave my LG G5 to my son. Got him a PAYG sim which costs around £5 a month but then realised the phone was locked to O2. Called them up and a couple of days later it worked fine. No fee.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
O2 even have an online form for doing this if your phone is out of contract with them, no phone call needed.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
i thought I phones didn't need unlocking, when i switched from O2 to Virgin a few years ago i had no issues with my I6

Jul 7, 2003
Haha yep! No, I just needed to replace my current broken phone so bought a cheap one from eBay not realising it was locked to Vodafone. I’m with 3.

I hope for your sake Vodafone have improved. I had an old iPhone on Vodafone I wanted unlocked so one of the kids could use it and I gave up in the end as they kept failing to get it unlocked despite many phone calls.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
As long as the phone is less than 2 years old apparently then it is now law phone companies cannot lock it. More than 2 years old and it is one massive headache from experience to unlock it!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As long as the phone is less than 2 years old apparently then it is now law phone companies cannot lock it. More than 2 years old and it is one massive headache from experience to unlock it!
It's really not. As per what I already posted. Mind that was O2 and I've been with them for years since ditching Vodafone for being completely shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here