Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough fans banned for life for ripping up Koran

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's an extreme form of hatred, it does not matter which religion it's target there should be no place for it in football!
You honestly don't think if a group of Muslims did it to a bible the same thing would not happen?

Much worse could happen to you if you are even CAUGHT with a bible in some Muslim countries...or even declaring that you are a Christian...as that poor woman who was sentenced to death for refusing to going back to the Muslim faith.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You don't know what you don't believe in.... you haven't read the books! An uneducated Atheist is no better than an uneducated Fanatic.

So everyone would be uneducated who hadn't read every religious text ever by your reckoning. Because how could you rule it out?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You don't know what you don't believe in.... you haven't read the books! An uneducated Atheist is no better than an uneducated Fanatic.

Don't make me laugh, are you telling me everyone that hasn't read the holy book isn't educated? I done religious education and science at school and chose to believe science, the right thing to do.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So everyone would be uneducated who hadn't read every religious text ever by your reckoning. Because how could you rule it out?

How can you choose to discount the content of a book without knowing what the content is?

Anti-theist zealots are just as bad as religious ones. Uneducated opinions based on second hand interpretations of things you don't understand.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
How can you choose to discount the content of a book without knowing what the content is?

Anti-theist zealots are just as bad as religious ones. Uneducated opinions based on second hand interpretations of things you don't understand.

So how many religious texts have you read?

keaton

Nov 18, 2004

I'm also intrigued by what bible you've read that wasn't "a second hand interpretation"

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So how many religious texts have you read?

[Nearly] 2 of the 3 mainstream ones.

The first was because I really enjoyed baiting Christians by using their own book against them so I read the whole thing from cover to cover - I was 17, argumentative and only interested in poking holes in it.

The second was because I needed to understand Sharia Law for a job I had so I read a significant chunk of the Qur'an - specifically I needed to understand their religious observances rather than the historical references. I hasten to add I did not read it in Arabic and so some of my understanding of the meaning comes from talking to a Iman.

Of the three, my experience has been that the Jewish community are least interested in debating their book and so I have stayed away from the Torah. Muslims love debating religion (in my experience) provided you are respectful and don't belittle it or them. Christians tend to the most blind to what their own gospel says so are extremely easy to wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here