Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour de blabla

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What the fudge is a tax disc then!?

You've already had this explained to you.

It's an annual tax you pay on your vehicle, the amount of which is determined by the emissions produced. The money goes into the Exchequer's general fund, and is not ring-fenced for transport nor road expenditure.

In short, everyone's taxes - drivers and non-drivers - pay for the roads.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You've already had this explained to you.

It's an annual tax you pay on your vehicle, the amount of which is determined by the emissions produced. The money goes into the Exchequer's general fund, and is not ring-fenced for transport nor road expenditure.

In short, everyone's taxes - drivers and non-drivers - pay for the roads.

Cyclists should still pay more for the simple fact of being in the way.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
All the bike wankers responding to the bait in this thread :lolol:

dxmmgm.jpg

U mad?

As if TLO could fit into spandex anyway :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

Cyclists should still pay more for the simple fact of being in the way.

I pay road tax, however happy to pay a tenner every year, cycle road tax in return for a network of proper cycle paths in this country. Happy to pay 5.00 a year for a licence and happy to pay insurance 15.00 a year just to keep away from winging motorists like yourself. I hate sharing the road with cars and vice versa. You forget lots of us cyclists also own cars.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
there is a worthing bylaw where you can push people off their cycles if they are riding on the pavement........works wonders.....google it

more people should be informed and use it.

power to the pedestrians!

D

Deleted member 22389

there is a worthing bylaw where you can push people off their cycles if they are riding on the pavement........works wonders.....google it

more people should be informed and use it.

power to the pedestrians!

Cyclists are not the problem, it's the lazy people with cars who park up on the pavement and block pedestrians for example outside Subway. Can't be bothered to park 50 metres down the side road where there is plenty of parking and WALK. Sainsburys local is another, some drivers park right up on to the grass verge now. The grass verge has now been turned in to a mud bog. Same with the loading bay, it says loading bay for a reason, it is not there for drivers to park and do their full shopping. Drivers get angry when lorries block them in, what do they expect.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think you'll find it's cars that are in the way. More bikes would mean less traffic jams and journey times would shorten.

In a dream world,what about those stuck out in the villages that have to travel 30 miles or more each way plus to work every day?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'd like to know why cyclists feel the need to get in the way of cars on the road when they have a dedicated cycle path 20 meters away. Selfish wankers I say.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In a dream world,what about those stuck out in the villages that have to travel 30 miles or more each way plus to work every day?

As I said, more bikes = less traffic. I did not say NO traffic. I am obviously aware that many journeys need to be done by car, and like most cyclists I am also a car driver.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'd like to know why cyclists feel the need to get in the way of cars on the road when they have a dedicated cycle path 20 meters away. Selfish wankers I say.

Where the cycle lane is fit for purpose, cyclists will use it. Too many are more dangerous to use than riding on the road.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As I said, more bikes = less traffic. I did not say NO traffic. I am obviously aware that many journeys need to be done by car, and like most cyclists I am also a car driver.

It's all about walking,cycling is a lazy way of walking,i walked from the Five ways to the Marina and back up and down bear road...But in all seriousness we have become lazy,so lazy that a 10 minute walk,or 5 on a push bike has become a car ride..

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Oh, and this "getting in the way of cars" bit. How long do you think you get delayed by cyclists for? Do you think they ever add more than 30 seconds to your journey time, and that's cumulative?

For God's sake, it's not your road, it belongs to all of us. If you are looking for a selfish wanker, perhaps you need to look closer to home.

D

Deleted member 22389

Road from Peacehaven down to Newhaven, why didn't the council resurface the wide path and make it for pedestrians and cyclists. They resurfaced the bloody road. You really can't blame for cyclists using the road here, the path is an awful state. Seriously if drivers want cyclists rid then help support proper cycle paths in this country. I cycle and a drive. The reason cyclists get so upset about drivers is that we are so vunerable on the road. Flesh V Metal there is only one winner. Last xmas I nearly got run over because a driver simply wasn't looking. It shock me up and put me off going on the road. It doesn't help when you have wankers shouting abuse out the comfort of their metal boxes for no reason at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here