Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] American ALT-right blogger refused entry to UK

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My Grandads both fought in 1939 to stop Fascists coming into this country and now we have treasonous, treacherous traitors wishing to welcome them with open arms. Xenophobes too. Funny old world.

Your Grandads would have been bigots then probably.

Tis a funny old world.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I wondered because your scale seems off, clearly the KKK are right wing, and quite far right in some views. People will have you believe the Torys are right wing, because they are, as far as liberal democracies like ours go. I think you need recalibrating.

They are right wing compared to today's Labour, that's it.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I would be interested to know what scale you use to suggest that the Tories are left and that we live in such left wing times. To my mind the UK hasn't had a left sided government since the late 70's. Could you post a link to the calibration source?

Overton window.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brittany Pettibone, planning to come here to interview Tommy Robinson detained for 3 days and deported. More effort to try and cover up Tommy's views. No surprise the main stream media haven't picked this up.

View attachment 95070

Quite shocking really that a Home Office official letter should state 'likely to insight tensions' instead of 'likely to incite tensions' as one of the reasons for denial of entry. That's no typo, that's just ignorance :dunce:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Really, a load of fuss about feck all isnt it. A couple of foreign political agitators who want to boost their youtube income have been denied entry to the country. Good. What do people crying about it feel they have lost out on exactly?

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
As that Evening Standard article posted above concludes...

The Home Office spokeswoman said: “Both individuals were refused on policy grounds that their presence in the UK was not conducive to the public good.”

Just about sums it up

Fuss about nothing. We've got enough shit-stirrers here already without encouraging American, Canadian and Australian extremists to come in and add their tenpenneth.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My objections are your creation of myths - " jihadis welcome" is such a disappointing fantasy

Another Barnardo's worker, Zoe Spencer, accompanied Hassan to an immigration interview at Lunar House in Croydon in January 2016.

Officials asked Hassan: "Have you previously or are you any part of a terrorist group, for example, Isis?"

He replied: "Yes, I was recruited by Isis for three months."

Allowed in, plants a bomb on the tube.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...alleged-tube-bomber-referred-prevent-college/

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
But that's okay, because he's not anti Islam or wanting to interview Tommy Robinson.

Its not ok. However, what benefit would they be by having an interview with Tommy Robinson? An interview they could and did hold in Austria, or could have done via the internet. Do you believe that every undesirable on the planet should be allowed in on the basis of people getting through the net?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I am shocked. I can't believe people are condoning this sort of action from the government. The problem is worse than I first feared.

Do you know what? Let's just get rid of free speech altogether. That's what the establishment Mummy's boys want.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Its not ok. However, what benefit would they be by having an interview with Tommy Robinson? An interview they could and did hold in Austria, or could have done via the internet. Do you believe that every undesirable on the planet should be allowed in on the basis of people getting through the net?

Yeah, why not the just have it on the moon. There are no laws there.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I am shocked. I can't believe people are condoning this sort of action from the government. The problem is worse than I first feared.

Do you know what? Let's just get rid of free speech altogether. That's what the establishment Mummy's boys want.

Its what Brexiteers want.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Let's just get rid of free speech altogether. That's what the establishment Mummy's boys want.

Law of the land Sir...

Hate speech laws in England and Wales are found in several statutes. Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation is forbidden. Any communication which is threatening or abusive, and is intended to harass, alarm, or distress someone is forbidden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here