Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
we have had dogs as well
so you think because this is about a dog its OK
says a lot about a person how they treat animals even when they are dead
I have respect for all living things ...................maybe I should be a Buddist

I have had dogs and cats, and I love them...... :blush:

Could'nt eat a whole one though...... :facepalm:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Cats n dogs = borders/ground, small birds = black bag and dustbin, fish = toilet and Seagulls that you shoot = in someone else's skip. That's my general rule of thumb.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Jebus a Newfoundland dog rug, now that would be fluffy it would also make a lovely throw for the bed or snuggle wrap round watching tv in the winter.

I thought of a rug as he spent most of his time laying flat out on the floor but a throw would be really cosy. Not sure I am totally comfortable with the onesie idea.

And back to the original question, there is no way he would have fitted in a Bromley recycling bin, maybe in one of the Sevenoaks clear recycling bags, though I doubt the bin man would have been allowed to move a 10 stone bag.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I miss him everyday and have saved some of his ashes to buried with me. I do try to share his sense of mischief.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What about the dead squirrel I was given by an elderly lady while I was out dog walking?

If its got decent rigor mortis then surely you could use it as a combination stick/treat for your dog ? Using the tail as a lever will obviously get some distance on it when you throw it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If its got decent rigor mortis then surely you could use it as a combination stick/treat for your dog ? Using the tail as a lever will obviously get some distance on it when you throw it.

Like it.

Option 2:
You could disembowel it and fill it with nuts and use the tail as a pump so the nuts pop outta its mouth as a novelty nut dispenser.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Reminds me of a joke played on a railway employee in the late 80's. He was given this black bin bag with rubbish in, at Lewes I think but I might be wrong, and told it was a dead dog which had been run over by a train. He was told it had to be taken to Ashford for legal reasons, or maybe even further. When he got to where he had to go he was then told to go somewhere else and spent ages travelling around the south east with this bin bag of rubbish.

Its a long time ago now so I can't remember the exact details, maybe somebody like [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] or somebody else on the railways then can recall this

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Reminds me of a joke played on a railway employee in the late 80's. He was given this black bin bag with rubbish in, at Lewes I think but I might be wrong, and told it was a dead dog which had been run over by a train. He was told it had to be taken to Ashford for legal reasons, or maybe even further. When he got to where he had to go he was then told to go somewhere else and spent ages travelling around the south east with this bin bag of rubbish.

Its a long time ago now so I can't remember the exact details, maybe somebody like [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] or somebody else on the railways then can recall this

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 579

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Like it.

Option 2:
You could disembowel it and fill it with nuts and use the tail as a pump so the nuts pop outta its mouth as a novelty nut dispenser.
Sounds good, or to go upmarket dlightly, you could fit a gas canister and water holder and use for carbonated drinks....tonic on tap, the teeth as a bottle opener. Perfect drinks accessory and a marvellous talking point at parties.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd put in my neighbours green bin - That's what I did with the dead bird in my garden at any rate.
...Is the correct answer. Although, I'd probably go a bit further afield, the neighbour has probably spotted him with the dog through his net curtains.

(make sure you remove his collar)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Like it.

Option 2:

Get yourself on Dragon's Den as soon as you can, you are a millionaire-in-waiting:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...Is the correct answer. Although, I'd probably go a bit further afield, the neighbour has probably spotted him with the dog through his net curtains.

(make sure you remove his collar)

Might be an idea to cut the chip out of it first, if fitted, otherwise there may be some comeback.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
It's the best thread in months.
If his dog has really died, and he really wants to put it in the bin, then he's a dick. That's a total of one person. The rest of us are taking the piss because it's ridiculous.

Spot on...

A lady awoke one morning and discovered her dog was not moving. She called her vet who asked her to bring the dog in. After a brief examination, the vet pronounced the dog dead.

"Are you sure?", the distraught woman asked. "He was a great family pet. Isn't there anything else you can do?"

The vet paused for a moment and said, "There is one more thing we can do." He left the room for a moment and came back carrying a large cage with a cat in it. The vet opened the cage door and the cat walked over to the dog. The cat sniffed the dog from head to toe and walked back to the cage.

"Well, that confirms it." the vet announced. "Your dog is dead."

Satisfied that the vet had done everything he possibly could, the woman sighed, "How much do I owe you?"

"That will be £330." the vet replied.

"I don't believe it!!!", screamed the woman. "What did you do that cost £330!?

"Well", the vet replied, "it's £30 for the office visit and £300 for the cat scan."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here