Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I was about to be disparaging based on his time at PSG (being as my mum would win the League with them). But his achievements at Sevilla amd Valencia are impressive. Looks like a good appointment.

Yet PSG managed to finished second under him in the 16/17 season!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
In my experience nothing is ever a 'done' deal ,until/unless it is in writing on the club's website.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2014/june/hyypia-appoints-backroom-team/

Hyypia said, "I am delighted Sammy and Antti have accepted our offer, and I am very pleased to welcome them to the club. Together with Nathan and Tom, they will form our first-team coaching group."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2014/june/club-statement-sammy-lee/

Brighton & Hove Albion are disappointed to announce that Sammy Lee - having agreed to join the club on Thursday - will not be taking up the position as assistant manager.

On another note ... that was 4 ****ing years ago!! :mad::mad:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
An appointment with the EL in mind.

Proven to know how to win it.

As did Juande Ramos with Sevilla in 2006,2007 who then joined Spurs. I wonder if Emery will emulate Ramos's 2 points from 8 games start to the 2008/09 season?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yet PSG managed to finished second under him in the 16/17 season!

To an exceptional Monaco team which was then absolutely ripped apart the following summer, they must have banked a comfortable €350million in sales of that team. City bought Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy for a combined €100m(ish), Bakayoko went to Chelsea for €40million ish, Mbappe went to PSG on loan for a year to get around FFP rules before buying him this summer for €180m and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. I think I read that they'd generated over €400million, including Mbappe for almost half that total. Mental numbers.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
To an exceptional Monaco team which was then absolutely ripped apart the following summer, they must have banked a comfortable €350million in sales of that team. City bought Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy for a combined €100m(ish), Bakayoko went to Chelsea for €40million ish, Mbappe went to PSG on loan for a year to get around FFP rules before buying him this summer for €180m and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. I think I read that they'd generated over €400million, including Mbappe for almost half that total. Mental numbers.

Especially when their ground only holds 18,000

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here