Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proud Seagulls

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the issue is, you don't want to get it.

Don’t get what precisely? My belief is everyone should be seen as the same, as equal, irrespective of creed, colour, race or sexual orientation. What I don’t get is all the different groups that spring up, celebrating their differenceness.

Shouldn’t we all be treated the same, or do you feel people should be treated differently because of their sexual orientation or skin colour?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The OP surely knew there would be some controversial comments when he/she/they posted!

Eh? Are you saying it's the OP's fault for posting it?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Shouldn’t we all be treated the same, or do you feel people should be treated differently because of their sexual orientation or skin colour?

People AREN'T treated the same. Hence groups like this. Pevenseagull sums it up pretty eloquently a few posts back.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Do you know my sexual preference? Or are you just making judgements because I don’t toe the party line?

Someone posted on the Shane Duffy Twitter thread that as a gay man they weren’t outraged by his comments, but more bothered that people thought he should be.

Maybe I am being naive, but surely the way for everyone to be treated equally is to treat everybody equally... or do you favour positive discrimination?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
The point there is it would be seen as discriminatory, so the very people who don’t want to be discriminated against (on this occasion the LGBT community) then create groups that are discriminatory themselves.

I don’t get it...

LGBTQ+ groups form for reasons such as solidarity and self protection. Society as a whole is, by and large, one big straight club, where its members do not generally have to fear abuse or violence because of their sexuality. I doubt Proud Seagulls is discriminatory in the way that you imply (to make your clumsy political point.) In fact, if you applied, I imagine you would be able to join the group.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
We need Antifa Seagulls next , to fight the hordes of NAZIS (groups of white men enjoying their white privilege with beer ) at every home game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite the dearth of wit in your post, I agree: It would be great to have a group of Albion supporters joining together to fight fascism.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Don’t get what precisely? My belief is everyone should be seen as the same, as equal, irrespective of creed, colour, race or sexual orientation. What I don’t get is all the different groups that spring up, celebrating their differenceness.

Oh give it up you sad *******. Enjoy the fact that some of your fellow fans have set up a group that will help those in their community. Who is being treated differently by this group being set up? You’re being deliberately obtuse.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know. I can read.

Why should the club want to know the name of every member, see minutes of every meeting etc? Too much like Big Brother for this member of a Supporters' club.

Jeez, I find myself agreeing with you! The world is going crazy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Presumably all the idiots posting on this thread think Chris Hughton is misguided in his support for BAME

I had thought Brighton was the one club that didn't need one of these groups, then I read the replies
and see I was wrong.

I think the issue is, you don't want to get it.

Oh give it up you sad *******.

The thought police are out in force on this thread, like they are on many others. If you do not agree with their PC neo liberal views you are one or all of the following in their vitriolic opinion: Stupid, idiotic, racist, racist, homophobic, small minded, evil, antiquated, irrelevant , nasty, bigoted, far right, Nazi etc etc ad infinitum.

What happened to being able to have a different opinion? :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It’s also boring .

Some people are gay .

Yawn . Not exactly breaking news .

Why do they need their own supporters group? Why do they want to be separated from the rest of Albion fans based on their sexuality?

What’s that even got to do with Football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not joining in with this binfest, but you could argue: why not? We are all Brighton supporters that's true, it's the one thing that unites us. But even the white heterosexual ones have some different groups reflecting a shared characteristic. Geographical location being one (Seagulls over London, Seagulls Down Under, etc). I think there is also a group for people with disabilities. These groups give the chance for people in the same situation to swap experiences and tips. I really don't see the problem in a new group forming with an identical aim: so that people in a similar life situation don't have to feel that they're on their own.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am going to start a Southern Train Users Seagulls group.

We're the ones who turn up 15 minutes after kick off and pay 20% more for our tickets than anybody else every single fking year.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Good luck to them.

Look forward to seeing their float at the inaugural Worthing Pride on 14 July.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here