Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

larus

Still far too much of a mess to call it either way. I'd rather err on the side of disappointment for now, and IF it stays cold, well that's a bonus.

Yes, the models have been struggling with this set-up. At one point they had the low shooting right through the UK, but the MetO were (reportedly) less convinced. Seems like this will not become clear for another 48 hours.

But it's sure good to have the potential of something special later in the week :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes, the models have been struggling with this set-up. At one point they had the low shooting right through the UK, but the MetO were (reportedly) less convinced. Seems like this will not become clear for another 48 hours.

But it's sure good to have the potential of something special later in the week :)

My advice would be to make the most of the next 3 days, enjoy the snow we get, as Thurs / Fri has the potential to be a big let down. Anything else would be a bonus.

I'd say later today into tomorrow could deliver some good snow for all of us.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Had 3 snow showers since I've been at my desk at Canary Wharf already. It did settle in places, but the sun is working it's magic now.

D

Deleted member 2719

We didn't finalise an approved Flumpdex....

I propose a 5 level scale - like Hurricanes.

Level 5 = Flumping
Level 4 ?
Level 3?
Level 2?
Level 1 = Flurries

Level 5 = Double Flumping - 20m or less visibility
Level 4 = Flumping - 20m - 100m visibility
Level 3 = Flimping - Medium snowflakes falling consistently
Level 2 = Flizzle - Small Snowflakes falling consistently
Level 1 = Flurries - Similar to precum (a bit of excitement leading to the big event)

???

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
After reading the excitement on this thread and now looking at the forecasts look like this is going to be a huge anti climax!

At this point, when it comes to snow, probably best to ignore the forecasts and just look out the window. Snow is notoriously difficult to forecast.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here