Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton away - tickets

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Just bought one - one left...

Oops, too late!

And I brought that last one! Game is now sold out apart from 6 disabled seats. First game I can make it to this year home or away as I play on Saturdays and Tuesdays myself! Buzzing

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seems the last train back to Hove/Brighton is the 22.21 to Littlehampton and then change. Reckon it's doable to get to the station from the stadium in time?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seems the last train back to Hove/Brighton is the 22.21 to Littlehampton and then change. Reckon it's doable to get to the station from the stadium in time?

Yes, just got to hope there aren't thousands of Southampton also trying to get on a service that will probably have just 3 carriages if its Southern Fail.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mine have arrived now - huzzah

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, just got to hope there aren't thousands of Southampton also trying to get on a service that will probably have just 3 carriages if its Southern Fail.

Southampton or not, there’ll be a lot of Albion wanting to be on that one. I may take the car instead.

el punal

Based on the match ending at 21.40 allow 30 minutes or so to get to the station. You should do it - fingers crossed! Ideal route - exit the away end and up Britannia Road towards Northam Road and turn left at the lights towards city centre. Follow the signs for city centre and, eventually, station. If in doubt ask, but it's quite an easy route, unlike Yeovil!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

I could be mis-reading this, and admittedly the connection is very tight (which is probably why it isn't suggested by the websites), but there is a later train from Southampton to Littlehampton at 22:33 which gets in at 23:40. There is a 23:42 out of Littlehampton to Brighton.......

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I could be mis-reading this, and admittedly the connection is very tight (which is probably why it isn't suggested by the websites), but there is a later train from Southampton to Littlehampton at 22:33 which gets in at 23:40. There is a 23:42 out of Littlehampton to Brighton.......

Good to know if I miss the 22.21 there is that later train!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That’s ok then. If I miss the connection I can kip in your spare room.

(Or just get a cab home)

Train it is.

el punal

23.41! According to Southern timetable - 60 seconds, the clock is ticking down!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
23.41! According to Southern timetable - 60 seconds, the clock is ticking down!

Still showing as a 23:40 arrival and 23:42 departure from LA when I look at it on National Rail and Southern websites, but I'm pretty confident the earlier train out of Southampton is do-able anyway. I'm certainly expecting to catch it.

If Southern and the police have even the vaguest understanding of the situation(?!), they surely won't want several hundred Albion fans stranded halfway between Southampton and Brighton - you'd like to think they would hold the connection at Littlehampton.

I wouldn't be amazed if they put on some kind of 'special'; it's certainly happened in the past for matches down that way.
Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

el punal

Still showing as a 23:40 arrival and 23:42 departure from LA when I look at it on National Rail and Southern websites, but I'm pretty confident the earlier train out of Southampton is do-able anyway. I'm certainly expecting to catch it.

If Southern and the police have even the vaguest understanding of the situation(?!), they surely won't want several hundred Albion fans stranded halfway between Southampton and Brighton - you'd like to think they would hold the connection at Littlehampton.

I wouldn't be amazed if they put on some kind of 'special'; it's certainly happened in the past for matches down that way.

View attachment 92802View attachment 92803

I understand your sentiments and logic here, but we are talking Southern. Having made innumerable journeys on the train from/to Southampton and Brighton for Albion matches many of those journeys have resulted in delays, terminations or cancellations. Take your pick. I sincerely hope that Southern do not cock it up for probably hundreds of fans trying to get back to Sussex so late in the evening, but I won't hold my breath. In another post I mentioned that the last evening game we played at Southampton (2010) Southern actually provided a football special after the game for Albion fans to get back to Brighton.

I wonder what the chances are of that happening again?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here