Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News -SING LI CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Very sad to hear this Sing Li I remember years back getting chips before catching the last train to Portslade. RIP

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Staple diet when I worked at Brighton Station for a few years

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very sad to hear this news.
[MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] and myself were in there ordering chips when the Derby Hudds game finished and our promotion was confirmed; he'll remain in my thoughts forever.

RIP

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's remarkable how someone you never knew, but whom you knew of well, can have an impact. Poor guy. I hope his family are as ok as can be expected.

I'll miss those battered sausages.

RIP Sing Li

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
a brighton institution indeed, and will be sadly missed. my favourite sing li moment: many many years ago a group of kids were racially abusing mr li so i had words and chucked them out. got a black eye for my troubles. he then refused to serve me as a "troublemaker" ha!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is sad news, been buying chips from there ever since I moved to Brighton. What a character, he will be missed

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I recall seeing Keen (I think was his name) on Western rd once. I couldn't place him. Where did I know him from? He always moved quickly when serving and he did so this day, he glanced across in my direction and it clicked. It's Sing Li! Only the man who had served me double saveloy and half chips every Friday night for a decade. That was the one and only time I ever saw him not behind his counter.
A sad loss and the end of a chapter on many, many fond nights.
RIP

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
So very sad to hear this. A trip back to Brighton was never complete without a bag of chips from Sing Li, usually a stop between The Battle & catching a train. Always a friendly character. Won't be the same without hearing his standard catchphrase; 'oppen or wapped' or 'canya way five mina, chips no weady'. R.I.P.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here