Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Only a Palace fan (journalist?) would come out with a horrid rumour like that. A player destined for the Championship or more time being injured.

Yes, I suspect we wouldn't go anywhere near the useless ****...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Means nothing

No, true. But if anyone thinks a striker who scored 34 goals for Sporting Lisbon (a far bigger club than us) as well as playing Champions League football, will be signing for us, then I think they need to be a tad more realistic.

He would be £20m+, and would have the pick of most teams in the division.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Even if he did come to Brighton I don't think he'd be a starter.

I still think we have a bigger signing to make.

I'm not so sure... think he would start a lot of games, and many more than at the bar-codes...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm not so sure... think he would start a lot of games, and many more than at the bar-codes...

That's as maybe - I'm sure I've seen somewhere that Chelsea want him to be a guaranteed starter - something I don't think Hughton would agree to.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's as maybe - I'm sure I've seen somewhere that Chelsea want him to be a guaranteed starter - something I don't think Hughton would agree to.

I agree... our manager's team selection should definitely not be dictated by his parent club...

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

If that's the case, you'd think Newcastle would be even less likely than us to agree to him being a guaranteed starter.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If that's the case, you'd think Newcastle would be even less likely than us to agree to him being a guaranteed starter.

Exactly. But:
1, I doubt there will be that guarantee in the deal, I think it's overplayed by many on here, and PB has indicated that it's not something we've agreed to (while also indicating that the cost of a loan is sometimes decreased by more appearances)
2, I really do expect a player with the qualities of Abraham will get more game time here than at Newcastle, and I'd also suspect that [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] might prove disappointed, although I'd be delighted if he was right.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It's not a done deal, it's been reported that we have made a counter offer. I would be very excited if we managed to get him for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here