hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi geeks.

If anyone sees this for sale locally let me know. Cheers

image.png

Just a quick 1, just making sure all the geeks are accounted for.it was in the Avenue Btn last night when a Castelli ninja was knocked of his bike. He ended up by my parked cars and looked in bad shape. I directed the traffic until OB took over n he was eventually whisked of to hospital. Just thinking of the area and kit link. Hoping he's ok.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just a quick 1, just making sure all the geeks are accounted for.it was in the Avenue Btn last night when a Castelli ninja was knocked of his bike. He ended up by my parked cars and looked in bad shape. I directed the traffic until OB took over n he was eventually whisked of to hospital. Just thinking of the area and kit link. Hoping he's ok.

Sounds nasty. There but for the grace of God...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Will do [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION].
[MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION], wearing black at night is a bit risky though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION], wearing black at night is a bit risky though.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Most kit will have enough reflective detail on it, and if he had lights on the bike then the colour of his kit should make little difference.

Having said that, I commute in dayglo jacket and dayglo rucksack cover for good measure. I'm not so fussy about kit colour when out on proper night rides, but then again it's nearly always as part of a group anyway.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION], wearing black at night is a bit risky though.

Not really. Most kit will have enough reflective detail on it, and if he had lights on the bike then the colour of his kit should make little difference.

Having said that, I commute in dayglo jacket and dayglo rucksack cover for good measure. I'm not so fussy about kit colour when out on proper night rides, but then again it's nearly always as part of a group anyway.

Will do [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION].

It happened at 6.30pm the driver just wiped him out at the junction! [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] n I saw the same a couple of weeks ago..driver not able to judge the pace of the cyclist!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I invariably wear black - as 1066 says, there are reflective details.

6.30pm is not dark at the moment.

Indubitably an idiotic driver.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Yeah but for reflective to work it needs a light shone on it. A driver pulling out is not shining straight at traffic coming across is he? I've seen twunts in black without reflective or lights at night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was you listening to PM on Radio 4 tonight by any chance SB?

They called him Shaun as well :lol:

I'm not saying a word or else I'll have Tyrone on to me.
Oh I didn't realise I'd done that, whoops.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It happened at 6.30pm the driver just wiped him out at the junction! [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] n I saw the same a couple of weeks ago..driver not able to judge the pace of the cyclist!

That sounds familiar. Since being back on a road bike I've lost count of the number of times vehicles have pulled out on me because they've totally misjudged my speed, and I'm not exactly Mr. Speedy either! Luckily I've not had any accidents as a result so far, thank God, but it's very easy to see how these accidents happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate the complete lack of tact but it's a ritual and I have to do it:-

'How was the bike!?!!'

A former colleague, who cycles had a heart attack.
Another colleague told myself Colin & Phil the news, separately.

When for the third time the news was greeted with words to the effect of:-

'do you know what he's doing with his bikes?'

All 3 of us were called a few naughty words as well as callous and mercenary.

I appreciate the complete lack of tact but it's a ritual and I have to do it:-

'How was the bike!?!!'

A former colleague, who cycles had a heart attack.
Another colleague told myself Colin & Phil the news, separately.

When for the third time the news was greeted with words to the effect of:-

'do you know what he's doing with his bikes?'

All 3 of us were called a few naughty words as well as callous and mercenary.

It was a Connondale, carbon, front wheel was in half, frame looked ok!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
ALDI CYCLING SPECIAL SUNDAY 01 MAY

Aldi cycling stuff is a mixed back. I've had base layers and a merino top that were frankly excellent, worth 3 times as much if it was a named brand. However, I've also had a cycling top that was poor, felt itchy when damp and I only wore it once. Pannier bags were also poor with the plastic clips braking at various times. The bib shorts at £25 I'd have to look really carefully at, I'm intrigued as they could be ideal for sub 30 mile rides and keeping your nice ones for longer days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here