Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering MADNESS

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just curious - was the hot dog shared down the middle, or did one of you have the bread and the other the sausage ? Were there onions involved ? If so did you count half each ?

Re the pasta, no. In WSL on Saturday (South End) they were selling pasta, stew with a roll and some kind of bean and sausage pot. Didn't see ANYONE eating any of them. Barber OUT (although the guest pie was ok)

I saw the ' lamb stew + roll ' on special at £5 but I didn't see any takers.
There is absolutely no point complaining about catering prices. If they were lower and demand increased, that extra demand would not be served. They can barely cope now!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The catering MADNESS I heard about on Saturday was the WSU beer&pie kiosk emptying a keg/cask/whatever of Harveys at half-time, and the lad manning the kiosk not knowing how to change it.

Looking at the long queue waiting to be served, [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] (I think) offered to change it, and being told by a steward that he couldn't and people would have to wait for a staff member who knew what they were doing to arrive at some point or another.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I saw the ' lamb stew + roll ' on special at £5 but I didn't see any takers.
There is absolutely no point complaining about catering prices. If they were lower and demand increased, that extra demand would not be served. They can barely cope now!

I think the food is ok really. Compared with most other grounds we do alright (the pies at Bmuff and Fulham were truly awful for example, and at Fulham the beer was canned). The concourse queues pre-match have definitely improved a fair bit recently, at least in WSl. - almost no queue on Saturday at 2.15, and none at all at 2.45 when I got another cuppa.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My friend had the pasta... Poofter eh?

He said it was vile, I told him what did he expect, stick to a pie you cant go too wrong.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not sure what's more shocking? The fact you were outraged you were charged £8.20 for something that cost £8.20 or that you paid £8.20 for a pint and a hot dog!!!!

I was actually more shocked that people actually still buy anything at the Amex. Why do you not just buy some at a supermarket and bring them in yourself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was actually more shocked that people actually still buy anything at the Amex. Why do you not just buy some at a supermarket and bring them in yourself.

How does that work?

Do they let you in with cans of booze, and how do you keep the pie warm until you want to eat it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Each to his own. If I want something hot, I bring a flask of coffee or soup. If I want something cold, I bring sandwiches or some fruit.

Only issue I have had is my water bottle if I have been to the gym....although in the same bag I had two cans of lemonade and a set of darts!

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I was in a queue in the Upper West and the guy serving at the bar ( one that just sold beer and lager) didn't know how to change the barrel . The bloke who was about to buy the pint suggested he could help as he ran a pub and then the security guard would nt allow him to go behind the counter . Health and Safety I suppose

So man with barrel of beer
Cant open it
man says he can help
help denied
large queue of people wanting beer can't have beer.

It's a shambles off the pitch as well as on it .

Need to employ regular staff from the university who might actually care about their jobs and , dare I say it , be quite good at them !!! Felt sorry for the guy - please run this bar but we are not going to show you anything works - apart from the till .!!!

Need to employ regular staff from the university who might actually care about their jobs and , dare I say it , be quite good at them !!! Felt sorry for the guy - please run this bar but we are not going to show you anything works - apart from the till .!!!

Girl at the same kiosk, WSU middle, had no idea how the till worked, must have taken 5 to 10 minutes to get served 4 pints of Fosters.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Every game I purchase in WSU a pint (for myself) and a tasty cheeseburger (for my son) and It costs me £8.

A Cheeseburger on it's own is £4.60 and the Harveys is £4.20 so a nice little saving.

I decided to meet up with a mate in WSL and purchased a Hot Dog (to share) and a Pint (for me).

Now, the Hot Dog on it's own is £4 and I was charged £8.20 for both.

I am imagine after reading this you too are as enraged as I was, and I can inform you that after speaking with the 'On Duty Catering Manager' he shrugged and said "No, it doesn't make sense does it."

Madness
Indeed.

I'd write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Paul Barber. In the ten minutes it will take him to compose his reply it would cost the club £8.94 in wages, leaving you a WHOPPING £8.74 up on the deal.

That'll learn 'em.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why don't you sail over to UNCLE SAMS and get a burger from them? :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
]

Each to his own. If I want something hot, I bring a flask of coffee or soup. If I want something cold, I bring sandwiches or some fruit.

That is what I do and many sitting round me do the same. One chap brings a large flask filled with hot water and hot dogs plus a packet of rolls already cut and squezzy ketchup.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think the food is ok really. Compared with most other grounds we do alright (the pies at Bmuff and Fulham were truly awful for example, and at Fulham the beer was canned). The concourse queues pre-match have definitely improved a fair bit recently, at least in WSl. - almost no queue on Saturday at 2.15, and none at all at 2.45 when I got another cuppa.

Were the reduced queues due to people doing dry January? I certainly had 3 pints less than normal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here