Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England footballer arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 14yo girl

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There were some vile chants from a small proportion of our fan base at Peterborough? away just after Dunk etc had been questioned.

All teams have mindless elements in their fanbase.

And Palace away that season...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Actually the age of the girl does make a massive difference (although the reported age of 14 or 15 makes no difference in this case). If the girl is under 13 she cannot have legally given consent so the accused can be tried for rape and there is no defence of being mistaken about the girls age. If the girl is 13 and over then consent can be given so the offence becomes sex with a minor and the accused can use the defence of thinking she was above 16.

if that's correct than this feminist journo has jumped the gun a little bit with her article - as, based off what you've said, the whole thing is based off of incorrect information - she was obviously frothing at the bit to be able to write an article attacking not only a man, but a FOOTBALLER - it doesnt get any better for her:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...ms-Men-who-have-underage-sex-are-rapists.html

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
if that's correct than this feminist journo has jumped the gun a little bit with her article - as, based off what you've said, the whole thing is based off of incorrect information - she was obviously frothing at the bit to be able to write an article attacking not only a man, but a FOOTBALLER - it doesnt get any better for her:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...ms-Men-who-have-underage-sex-are-rapists.html

Yeah she's got it totally wrong. Even a bit of basic research into Sexual Offences Act 2003 online reveals enough to know that her headline isn't factually correct and is at best hyperbole to try and get a shocking point across.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I guess it does.

If he met her in an over 18's bar / club and took her back for a bit of how's ya father under the impressiion she was over 18 would it be up to him to ask for ID?

It's a complicated one that's for sure.

It can see that it would be a reasonable assumption that, if you met a girl in a nightclub, she would be at least 18, never mind 16.

If she looks older than she is, and the door staff have been lied to about her age (and possibly shown a convincing fake ID), then why would she be honest if a bloke asked her anyway?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It can see that it would be a reasonable assumption that, if you met a girl in a nightclub, she would be at least 18, never mind 16.

If she looks older than she is, and the door staff have been lied to about her age (and possibly shown a convincing fake ID), then why would she be honest if a bloke asked her anyway?
I raised that possibility as a counter point to the speed this case has been linked with other recent high profile cases of child abuse.

In the Telegraph piece Rotherham is quoted in paragraph eight, followed by Ched Evans.

For all I know this case could be the tip of the iceberg and a whole lot worse.
But then again it might not be.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can I just introduce the word "shaft" into the thread?

That is a "pile-driver". I was given a thumbs down for "digging out" my "no dirty helmet gags here" from the Arthur Scargill digest on after dinner speeches :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When did the law change in this Country from " innocent until proven guilty " to " guilty until proven innocent " ? When did this happen ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When did the law change in this Country from " innocent until proven guilty " to " guilty until proven innocent " ? When did this happen ?
Seems to apply if you're a male footballer, or generally anyone in a position of privilege where people are jealous of your talent, wealth and lifestyle.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
pics of the alleged girl are on twitter if you search for adam johnson

if i'm being honest if that's actually the girl in question, she looks about 24 years old and had her lips done

People seem to be posting a picture of his current girlfriend claiming it's the teenager

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So he has either done it...

Done it by accident...

Has nobody thought the teenage girl could just be making it up?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I expect that's one of the possibilities that will be checked out.

Seriously though, perhaps people raising this point might also reflect on the recent discovery of all of the under-aged children in recent decades who have been abused and exploited (often by rich celebrities...as in this alleged case), and who at the time were scared to report it because they thought they wouldn't be believed, or because they'd be accused of making it up (and indeed some of them who did report it weren't believed, or were told to keep quiet). Given all that, the police and prosecuting authorities are now it seems (rightly in my view), when faced with a report like this, taking it seriously and not starting from the presumption that the child is making it up. A good thing too.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So he has either done it...

Done it by accident...

Maybe, isn't that a problem of councils of late, the trouble with all the historic child sex cases is that the local authorities took that stance of not believing or wanting to be believe that likes of jimmy Saville could be responsible for such crimes. I will wait until someone is charged and found guilty before making any judgements. It can not be easy for victims to come forward when the person involved is in the public eye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here