Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stoke 0 Burnley 1
Liverpool 1 Stoke 0

Southampton 0 Smug Eddie's XI 1

Burnley 0 Albion 1

Happy days.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is this the remaining fixtures thread for relegation threatened teams :moo:

Too right, get it back on theme.

With Swansea, my ideal results for them would be LLLDD

IMG_2544.PNG

Not just for our selfish safety, but an added bonus would be to not finish in 17th. Gives the Albion a bit more prize money too.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool, Watford ,Arsenal, Burnely and Man City to win this weekend please.

With straight red cards for WBA and Stoke players.

Have a feeling Stoke might beat Burnley, who looked awful last night (dead on their feet after all their hard work this season), plus unfairly Stoke players have had a huge rest since their last game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Merson reckons Stoke will beat Burnley
Merson knows remarkably little about the game considering he made and makes a living from it. I can't forget what a complete spanner he was when talking about our chances before this season began. Absolutely clueless.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Merson knows remarkably little about the game considering he made and makes a living from it. I can't forget what a complete spanner he was when talking about our chances before this season began. Absolutely clueless.

Hard to argue.

His analysis was literally, “I haven’t heard of any of their players so they’re going down”

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Merson is a moron. Why does anyone pay any attention to what he says?

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
He puts in the yards, but isn't the fastest off the blocks re sprints. The reason he cost us £3mill and not £13mill was because his lack of pace and it will be interesting to see what the Albion fitness team can do with him with a full pre-season.

I think he's a quality player, I'd just love to see him get even better because if we are ever to kick on into the promised land of top half of the table and cup semi-finals etc then he is probably the man to take us there.

Who moved the promised land, I thought that was the premier league itself?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Yes we blew it that day, WBA were poor and we were worse. No next year its where CH needs to get changes. Hudderfield, Bournmouth, Palace and Everton away big chances to turn loses into points.

I was looking at Burnley who have done fantastically well this year. They have only scored 2 more goals than us which I was surprised at, but they have the 3rd best defensive record in the PL which has led to their success. Until they lost midweek only them, City & United had conceded fewer than 30 goals. I guess that shows we are creating & scoring enough, you can never score too many of course. But we need to stop conceding cheap goals like we did Tuesday & last Saturday and countless other times during the season. Easy!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Exactly. With some first 11 improvements this summer, I simply hope for a few more wins next season, more pace and goals and hopefully safety achieved earlier. (Should we stay up)

Yes I think we have grown into the league as time has gone on and hopefully we will develop more. Amongst the sharpest on Tuesday were Kayal, Knocky and Bruno who have all had a good period out of the 11. If there is more strength in depth for genuine rotation we should achieve more.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was looking at Burnley who have done fantastically well this year. They have only scored 2 more goals than us which I was surprised at, but they have the 3rd best defensive record in the PL which has led to their success. Until they lost midweek only them, City & United had conceded fewer than 30 goals. I guess that shows we are creating & scoring enough, you can never score too many of course. But we need to stop conceding cheap goals like we did Tuesday & last Saturday and countless other times during the season. Easy!

If we conceded an average amount of goals from set pieces we would be 9 goals better off and safe. I think Watford v Palace will be 0-0 or 1-1 but not a banker bet

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here