[Football] Still 7 points clear

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A truly dreadful display today. Not much sign of any commitment or passion and very little skill on show - at least from the Albion. The players look as if they're on the beach already and have done since the win against Arsenal. After a terrific first season in the Premier League, let's hope we don't mess things up when the going gets tough. I really don't want to slide back into the Championship so soon. Come on Chris get those players motivated. They are capable of so much better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Locadia played that through ball.

Unfortunately, I don't think Kayal is close to being good enough for this level - he just doesn't have the quality. He's not close to Stephen's or Propper's level.

Apologies. I was at the beam back & the commentary wasn't good. I agree Kayal isn't up to Stephen's or Propper's level, but he did his best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Locadia played that through ball.

Unfortunately, I don't think Kayal is close to being good enough for this level - he just doesn't have the quality. He's not close to Stephen's or Propper's level.

Apologies. I was at the beam back & the commentary wasn't good. I agree Kayal isn't up to Stephen's or Propper's level, but he did his best.

I've just seen it on MOTD, and I missed a pass! It was Kayal to Locadia, and then to Izquierdo.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Anyone who believes that because we have 35pts and therefore 'safe' needs their bumps felt (and not in a nice way).

To finish the season with 35pts means that...

We will have lost 6 (six) games on the trot, and lost 9 (nine) out of the last ten we played in the top tier of English football.
We would have the worst 'away goals scored' record.
It would also mean that we will have finished in our worst league position in the top tier of English football, bar the 1983 cup final/relegation season.

I don't know about you but I'm damn sure the Albion players don't want to end this season on just 35pts.

I'm not feeling as confident. Saints have some winnable games left and they have at least been giving it a go. I can't see where the rest of our points will come from.

I agree. They have been scoring against the better teams, and apart from man City, they have only mid table teams to play except Swansea. So they could easily pick up another 7 or 8 points. I think it will be very close.
Stoke will struggle to get more than 4 or 5 points from the teams they have to play.
Swansea could have a massive bearing on the outcome, as they have to play Stoke and Southampton. But they also have to play Chelsea and Man City, so they are still in the mix.
Stoke haven't got a cat in hells chance. I can't see them beating anyone from here on in, so they are down.
Palarse could well do us a favour, as they have to play the bottom two, so they should get 6 points from those two games, and the other two are winnable too, so sadly I think the scum are safe!
West Ham have not go an easy run in either, but if they get three points against Stoke, I think they're safe.
Huddersfield have got Man city, Chelsea, and Arsenal still to play, as well as Everton. They have a tough run in too, and we have a game in hand on them.

I think we'll stay up, but it's gonna be so tight. It would not surprise me if we finish in 17th place at this rate. But I will take that all day long. Survival is paramount. Then re-group, buy some more players, and set our sights a little higher next season. I think we are only a few players (and a new defensive coach to add to the staff) away from a comfortable mid table team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They can care all they want, we could put in 5 very good performances and still lose all 5 and post a -10 goal difference.

Or win a couple - that’s football. We go again Tuesday night. No one said it was going to be easy.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
In both games they were the better team, but still lost both games.
They’ve also shipped 3 goals in each of their last 4 games, they appear to be trying hard to be relegated.
They look a different side to 3 games ago. Consistency in performance but vulnerable still. They could well sort the vulnerability and win 3 or more games. Hopefully Swansea or hudds will then take their place rather than us

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think they could care less. They are spineless. We are fortunate that the division is full of dross.

Maybe a few more British players would help instead of a bunch of imports who really have no interest in Brighton apart from their pay packets?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We’re ok this season but a bunch of work is needed before next.
I assume you're reposting that from 12 months ago.

The proper work wasn't done then, what makes you think it'll be done this time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here