Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Both Poppy Ackroyd and Bess Atwell in May. We are being spoilt.

download.jpg DY94ZSeXcAAwNb5.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to see The Clash on the night that Italy beat West Germany in the World Cup Final in 1982.

Go to the gig.

The Melt festival is on the same day as the WC final. I’m going to the gig.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Anyone see Thee Hypnotics at the Albert? They play the Hope in June and not sure.

Sun Ra Arkestra was delightful again last Sunday although the set list was quite similar to the previous year’s.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to Public Service Broadcasting after tomorrows game.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well as that was such a bad day at the office, here's some cheer. Steve Earle is playing The Dome in July. Only found out this week. Got my two tickets and still a few left.

In other news, saw Chris Farlowe last night at, wait for it, Henfield Village Hall! 77 years old and looking somewhat older as he gingerly walked across the stage and took a seat to sing from. Left arm in a sling, he explained that he was hit by a taxi in London in January and only had the cast removed from his arm on the day of the gig. Hadn't sung since December, but he was in fine voice. Supported by a fine band including Bob Brookes and incredibly, Miller Anderson - a guy who played Woodstock and with some pretty high profile bands in his time.

Turned in a rousing version of Small Faces favourite, 'All or Nothing' and closed with his signature tunes 'Handbags and Gladbags' and finally 'Out of Time'. Great fun.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well as that was such a bad day at the office, here's some cheer. Steve Earle is playing The Dome in July. Only found out this week. Got my two tickets and still a few left.

In other news, saw Chris Farlowe last night at, wait for it, Henfield Village Hall! 77 years old and looking somewhat older as he gingerly walked across the stage and took a seat to sing from. Left arm in a sling, he explained that he was hit by a taxi in London in January and only had the cast removed from his arm on the day of the gig. Hadn't sung since December, but he was in fine voice. Supported by a fine band including Bob Brookes and incredibly, Miller Anderson - a guy who played Woodstock and with some pretty high profile bands in his time.

Turned in a rousing version of Small Faces favourite, 'All or Nothing' and closed with his signature tunes 'Handbags and Gladbags' and finally 'Out of Time'. Great fun.

He’s playing the Rambling Man festival too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well PSB were absolutely superb. However was so disappointed with Jane Weaver - completely flat with no sense of dynamics. I’d liked the few bits I’d heard before, but ended up getting slightly annoyed with them.
Jane Weaver was OK ish, thoroughly enjoyed PSB though! Great set and they looked like they were enjoying it too. J Willgoose is a strange yet enigmatic musician, managed to get pretty close to his side of the stage and was amazing to watch him work.

Great to hear Spitfire, Go! and Progress live and at full volume. Will certainly go again.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Well PSB were absolutely superb. However was so disappointed with Jane Weaver - completely flat with no sense of dynamics. I’d liked the few bits I’d heard before, but ended up getting slightly annoyed with them.

I missed Jane Weaver as i was in the pub - looks like a good choice on my part .
PSB were marvellous however.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Missed the first half of Jane Weaver so only caught about five songs. Difficult for her With the Dome being the size it is and reduced sound etc. Much better suited to your smaller venue. PSB were brilliant with a fantastic use of lighting and videos. I remember seeing them at The Haunt as support for British Sea Power some years ago. It was just the two of them with a pull up projector screen behind- interesting to see how they have evolved into a band augmented with brass and choral sections. A great night.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
for the record .... 'Trembling Bells' at The Brunswick tonight were fuxkinh superb.
Think Jefferson Airplane meets Fairport Convention vs Black Sabbath.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Avi Buffalo playing Sticky Mikes 24th May. I thought they/he wasn’t playing anymore so this is great news.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Avi Buffalo playing Sticky Mikes 24th May. I thought they/he wasn’t playing anymore so this is great news.

This is wonderful news. Yes, he quit at the end of his last tour but obviously he has found his mojo again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here