Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looks like the Tory SWIVEL eyed loons indulging in a bit of anti semitism

#shameful

You KNOW Jews can be bad as well don't you ? Besides, it's the Labour Party that has an issue with Jewish people.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Looks like the Tory SWIVEL eyed loons indulging in a bit of anti semitism

#shameful

wait, are you seriously supporting uber capitalist Soros? and where exactly in that post was there any hint of anti-semitism. or is this just trolly name calling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Parliament has voted to enact the will of the people and trigger article 50, which has a set timetable with an end date. Parliament voting down the deal means they aren't happy with the deal, it doesn't mean cancel Brexit as much as some people might hope it does.

No date is currently set. A date has been proposed and is currently being discussed in the Lords. Please keep up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You know perfectly well my post didn't contain nor even imply any anti-semitism so please don't accuse me of such and don't link me to those ridiculous articles.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No date is currently set. A date has been proposed and is currently being discussed in the Lords. Please keep up.

The time-frame allowed in Article 50 is two years - and this can only be extended by unanimous agreement from all EU countries.

If no agreement is reached in two years, and no extension is agreed, the UK automatically leaves the EU and all existing agreements - including access to the single market - would cease to apply to the UK. If that happens, Brexit Day would be Friday, 29 March 2019.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39143978

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The time-frame allowed in Article 50 is two years - and this can only be extended by unanimous agreement from all EU countries.

If no agreement is reached in two years, and no extension is agreed, the UK automatically leaves the EU and all existing agreements - including access to the single market - would cease to apply to the UK. If that happens, Brexit Day would be Friday, 29 March 2019.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39143978

You’re stating the default position. As Barnier stated last year A50 can be withdrawn with the consent of the EU.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You know perfectly well my post didn't contain nor even imply any anti-semitism so please don't accuse me of such and don't link me to those ridiculous articles.

You throw accusations around about "dodgy" Jewish businessmen and start talking about "bad" Jews but don't mean to imply anti-semitism? FWIW I'm sure you're not, but you're on very dodgy ground.

As Ernest says, stop digging ...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You’re stating the default position. As Barnier stated last year A50 can be withdrawn with the consent of the EU.

I'm stating the reality of our situation. You've jumped from a parliamentary vote stopping Brexit to the Lords somehow influencing the leave date (how?) to the EU with the UK government agreeing to withdraw article 50 (legally unproven)... started early this weekend? :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No but how does that stop you working anywhere else ?

Please stop being deliberately obtuse. You know exactly the point [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] is making.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have to jump through visa hoops, which put restrictions on who can work where. It is not hard to understand. It is the removal of freedom of work and freedom of movement. Visas do not allow for freedom of either of those. They put restrictions on them.

Quite. A friend of mine runs a business here, which needs English speakers, and has said if there’s any visa hurdles required from his end he simply won’t bother recruiting Brits.

Jan 30, 2008
you have to jump through visa hoops, which put restrictions on who can work where. It is not hard to understand. It is the removal of freedom of work and freedom of movement. Visas do not allow for freedom of either of those. They put restrictions on them.
but they don't stop you unless you're a bit dodgy:whistle:
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Message clear and consistent as ever from the EU today as usual. Nothing has changed

We still looking the impossible dream from the dream team. The egg in my omelette is starting to go rotten

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here