Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko on his way out

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Burke signed some very decent Development Squad players Ince, March too I think?, But last summer's recruitment was very poor. Whether that was due to budget or poor diligence I doubt we will ever know...
Very true.

Don't forget Burke signed Ince as a central defender, but Oscar made his significant conversion to midfielder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Burke signed some very decent Development Squad players Ince, March too I think?, But last summer's recruitment was very poor. Whether that was due to budget or poor diligence I doubt we will ever know...
If Tony walked into Burke's office this summer and said:-

'Here's £15m go get us promoted'.
Then no amount of change will soften to blow of DB doing an incredibly poor job.

But if Tony said:-

'Here's £5m don't get us relegated'.
It would appear Burke did a good enough job.

As you say we'll never know, but I can't help thinking it's the latter, and DB got the sack for a series of poor decisions made by everybody senior, at the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very true.

Don't forget Burke signed Ince as a central defender, but Oscar made his significant conversion to midfielder.
So that's the spin that'll be used as and when Ince is sold for oodles of cash.

We could be in for a sticky couple of years, when NSC won't be able to say:-
;He was a Poyet signing'.
Or
'Burke didn't arrive until ...'.

Instead we'll have to side with either one of two discredited managers or a discredited DoF.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
His name was Toko, he was a no show,
He had tattoos everywhere, under 21s were scared,
He was Nzuzi, but not a doozy,
He got paid money and it wasn't funny that he stayed here,
For quite so long...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So that's the spin that'll be used as and when Ince is sold for oodles of cash.

We could be in for a sticky couple of years, when NSC won't be able to say:-
;He was a Poyet signing'.
Or
'Burke didn't arrive until ...'.

Instead we'll have to side with either one of two discredited managers or a discredited DoF.

Ince is a decent Championship midfielder he won't be sold for oodles of cash. Feel free to quote me if it ever happens (it won't).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ince is a decent Championship midfielder he won't be sold for oodles of cash. Feel free to quote me if it ever happens (it won't).

Effectively a young player into his second year as a pro, who is improving with every game, playing in a position, where there is anything but an abundance of talent in the premier league. I think you've made a brave prediction there........

:)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Says he's expected to to join another club this window. Be interesting to see where (and at what level) he rocks up.

EDIT: Argus saying Eskisehirspor in Turkish top flight.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeeez, as said, he's 22 years old, playing Championship football in his second season.

Just how many games does Ince have to completely dominate before he becomes anything other than decent?

If you were right, (couldn't be more wrong) the club is in deep shite.
After Dunk we have 3 more assets Ince, One Foot and KFC.
If you're saying the very best of them won't clear 2 million in a year + time, where's the money coming from?

Oh and just in case you didn't love Ince enough already...

...his middle name is Greg (according to wiki) punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here