Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon best [signs on a half-year loan]

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What type of striker is he? Is he a hold the ball up type and bring others in or a direct pacey player?

If he is direct and pacey he will need to work off another striker so maybe we will change the system and play two up?

Good question: identical to CMS but slightly slower, I think.

I think CMS is better in all respects of his play, apart from Best's strength on the ball is higher and he does not keep falling over and claiming for a foul, which will be a welcome change. But I wouldn't have played CMS and Leon Best is not as good as Colunga and slower than him as well.

Last edited:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Baldock had great stats last year. They have not rolled over to this season. It is of more interest to me what he actually does for us on the pitch rather than what he has done in the past for others. Stats can be used to make what you want from them.

Sorry I was trying to be pedantic, I hate stats :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why haven't we been bombarded with a YouTube highlights reel that makes Best look better than Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez, combined?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Newcastle fans think he's great at holding the ball up. If he can do that then maybe he can open up opportunities for other players.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Why haven't we been bombarded with a YouTube highlights reel that makes Best look better than Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez, combined?

Hopefully I'm wrong but I suspect its because he not actually very good.
I agree with other posters tho in the fact that unless our midfield get forward to support the striker then it doesn't really matter who that man is we will still struggle.
Number one priority must be to find out what dirt jfc has on TB so he doesn't have automatically weaken the team by starting every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle fans think he's great at holding the ball up. If he can do that then maybe he can open up opportunities for other players.
They'll need to be in the same half as he is, first.

Feb 14, 2010
Give the bloke a chance. However if he is rubbish and we say he is rubbish then can the "players can do no wrong lets blame the fans brigade" please just accept that fans have a right to say he is not very good. Equally if he is good then a few on NSC have some humble pie to eat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good interview on player but you would expect him to say the right things but interesting he says obviously he is looking to make it a permanent move but we have the best facilities he has seen in his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here