Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How? What tariffs do the customs charge? Who clears the paperwork? Come on, instead of just jibing, let's hear what your friends in trade have to say?

i was hoping for some sensible input, not jibes. tariffs would default to the existing EU, paperwork defaults to the existing system for dealing with non-EU. time taken to process everything would increase. most of this is other forum talk, i dont know if they know or speculate like WatfordO. one person i know personally in the transport industry says lorries backed up everywhere wont happen, because goods simply wont go out if thats likely - no haulage firms is going to put blokes and lorries on the road knowing they'll be stuck in Kent/Calais for days.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Steve Baker is out and about trying to bring May down. Funny how 'Remainers' get a lot of blame for this mess yet the ERG have done more to attack May than anyone. I guess having pals in the media probably helps.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
i was hoping for some sensible input, not jibes. tariffs would default to the existing EU, paperwork defaults to the existing system for dealing with non-EU. time taken to process everything would increase. most of this is other forum talk, i dont know if they know or speculate like WatfordO. one person i know personally in the transport industry says lorries backed up everywhere wont happen, because goods simply wont go out if thats likely - no haulage firms is going to put blokes and lorries on the road knowing they'll be stuck in Kent/Calais for days.

Tariffs CANNOT default to the EU ones if we are not in the EU. The system for dealing with non-EU also uses EU negotiated WTO tariffs for other non-EU nations which we cannot use.

I can't believe you are really this stupid

.......and relax

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently May is going to announce NO Blue Passports in Parliament at 330pm

The Cabinet is leaking like a sieve, by the time she stands up to speak the press will already have their headlines, " Strong and Stable " anyone ?

Jan 30, 2008
:ffsparr:

This is what people said we could do. Just like we could give our NHS £350 million if we leave the EU.

There was no Brexit manifesto. Brexit was always going to be determined by the government at the time, not what people said beforehand and certainly not what you thought you were voting for. One day you might appreciate this.
priceless drivel, MAYBE YOU COULD APPRECIATE THE VOTE TO LEAVE
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Good avoidance of the question posed to you ..... yet again !

Sorry, had to go back to find it

What are these 'emergency measures' you speak of ? How are they going to be passed by Parliament in 109 days ?

'Emergency measures' was JCFGs term for keeping things as they are because he didn't want to say 'remaining in the EU'. I believe it will simply be rescinding Article 50 for which there is plenty of time.

We are obviously not going to agree, so I suggest we go to independent arbitration. Can you find a bookie who will give odds for a 'no deal' not happening :wink:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not sure I agree with a lot of this. As far as I can see she had three routes to go down.

1) Hard Brexit, no deal etc. It would have appeased the most extreme people but would never have been voted through by parliament. Parliament won’t even back her wishy washy deal, so they sure as hell wouldn’t have backed this!
2) Pretty much what she’s done. Something in the middle ground that honours the referendum result by getting us out with the least friction/risk, but essentially pleases nobody.
3) Find a way to ignore or overturn the referendum result.

She went down the middle, which was perhaps a bit weak but kind of understandable. I don’t blame her for the mess. It’s an impossible position. It doesn’t matter who the next PM is or what party they represent, they will still face the same choice of no deal or no Brexit.

In really looking forward to the Corbyn and his merry band of ****tards taking the baton.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A50 was invoked by an Act of Parliament - it needs one to revoke it - that disgusting Gina Miller woman made sure that was the case.

I don't think it is that simple. The legislature for article 50 was Parliament to ratify any deal or how we would leave. The executive could revoke the act without passing another act - in theory, all be it unlikely in practice and not without argument that it would be potentially unlawful. Very broad debate on this through many legal blogs which is quite interesting. The long and the short of it is that it's not entirely clear.

Jan 30, 2008
Both the PM's deal and a Norway option completely undermines/reneges on the central theme of the Brexit 'take back control' campaign and the Conservative party 2017 manifesto commitments. Obviously Undemocratic loons and many remainer MP's ignore this fact and see this outcome as a second prize succesfully undermining the referendum.
yep , Watford bloke's one of them
regards
DR

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Nigel Evans on the radio right now, repeatedly saying things like "it's in the best interest of the Conservative party and the DUP" to postpone the vote - As if we didn't already know that this entire mess is down to the personal ambitions and self interest of the Tories, they really are absolute scum

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tariffs CANNOT default to the EU ones if we are not in the EU. The system for dealing with non-EU uses EU negotiated WTO tariffs which we cannot use.

I can't believe you are really this stupid

i meant of course the existing tariffs used on non-EU while we are part of EU. of course we can use the same tariffs, while quotas to be decided (not mixing them up?). dont know why you cant be civil about it when addressing simple questions if you have the facts to prove the point. you say it will be a disaster i simply dont know either way and thought you might have evidence rather than more speculation that has fueled so much "debate".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our government is an utter disgrace. Having the cheek to argue the EU is taking away sovereignty, then trying to prevent Parliament from having a meaningful vote, then granting it through gritted teeth, knocking back a TV debate over it, then pulling the plug on the vote the day before. Just an utter, utter, UTTER farce.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Meanwhile, in Brussels

tenor.gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here