Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to the barbers today for haircut,havent got many, but he is a Charlton fan who lives in Crawley. He went to the friendly and his view is we will be in the bottom 1/3 rd of the division at Christmas and SH will be sacked. I said I doubted it and sincerely hope not

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Went to the barbers today for haircut,havent got many, but he is a Charlton fan who lives in Crawley. He went to the friendly and his view is we will be in the bottom 1/3 rd of the division at Christmas and SH will be sacked. I said I doubted it and sincerely hope not

Tell him to concentrate on the POS that is his own team's squad first.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

is his view normally relevant and are you the real bensgrandad

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Did he say how we're going to solve the crisis in Gaza or Ukraine?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I am the original and no his view isnt relevant other than as a view of how a fan of another club sees our situation. He acknowledged that Charlton have spent a lot of money and expect to be in the playoffs.

Not sure you can make much of a judgement based on watching one friendly match....good haircut?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yes I am the original and no his view isnt relevant other than as a view of how a fan of another club sees our situation. He acknowledged that Charlton have spent a lot of money and expect to be in the playoffs.

So they expect to finish above at least 10 of Fulham, Norwich, Cardiff, Wigan, Derby,Forest, Middlesboro, Blackburn, ipswich, Reading, Watford, Wolves plus possibly us, Bournemouth and Brentford...........the blokes a mug.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I watched the game live on youtube and it was fair to say that Crawley didn't turn up to play football, it was more like WWF. A pre season friendly it certainly wasn't on their part. If we had the same intent as what they had, both teams would have ended up with players out injured at the start of the season. It was a joke of a game and nothing for Crawley to be proud of.

The Southampton game will be a better test to judge from.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Possible above Watford, Wolves, Bournemouth Brentford even Blackburn I would think. I will be very disappointed if we do not finish above those.
That would still see them way short of the play-offs, can't see them even making the top ten.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Is this the same barber all the bookies have banned as he is an expert on football odds? :facepalm:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Similar sentiments from Hyypia in the post match press conference today as another few days have passed without any signings.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Even if we do sign the players we need now, it's still not particularly fair on Hyypia as it will be difficult for him to get them playing the way he wants when we've only got 2 weeks before the first match.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I watched the game live on youtube and it was fair to say that Crawley didn't turn up to play football, it was more like WWF. A pre season friendly it certainly wasn't on their part. If we had the same intent as what they had, both teams would have ended up with players out injured at the start of the season. It was a joke of a game and nothing for Crawley to be proud of.

The Southampton game will be a better test to judge from.

Because our squads are currently of a similar size? :rolleyes:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If Ankergren is our first choice keeper and CMS our first choice striker that is a League 1 at best First XI

You mean like our first season at the Amex with Gus?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here