Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If your going to shoot from there it surely had to be a laces through it not placed.

FFS Solly, put the ball in the box!

Any which way, it’s beyond him to score from there

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Lost the game because of the team that was fielded in the first half.
Consolation win for me in the prediction thread.
Ref was biased, or blind, off to bed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It was my work christmas party so I only managed to watch the last 30 minutes or so. I thought we were excellent. Andone was fantastic, we got in amongst them and played some good football. Shame that that doesn't appear to be how we started the game.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
More points lost because Hughton is our manager.

Losing to Chelsea by less than Manchester City did last week isn't anything negative to put on our manager.

Remind me...how did we get on against Chelsea last season at home?

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
Good second half performance and 3 goals better than last season's 0-4 and it could have been a draw as the first Chelsea goal could well have been chalked off due to the off side player interfering.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Bissouma should be starting every week for me. (Not actually FOR me)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Chris needs to take the blame for that one.

Which bit? Balogun passing straight to their player, Propper getting caught in possession time and again?

What could Hughton have done? he made some good substitutions after careless individual errors cost us.

fwiw Andone, who is both v.good and a total pest is going to become a cult hero!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Losing to Chelsea by less than Manchester City did last week isn't anything negative to put on our manager.

Remind me...how did we get on against Chelsea last season at home?

Lost by four last year.
One this year.

At this rate in a few years time we might be able to win. Baby steps.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Which bit? Balogun passing straight to their player, Propper getting caught in possession time and again?

What could Hughton have done? he made some good substitutions after careless individual errors cost us.

fwiw Andone, who is both v.good and a total pest is going to become a cult hero!
The starting 11.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We’ve dropped loads of points this season against poor teams, mainly through a lack of ambition and persistence with out of form players. A lot of the points we have got have been in lucky wins.

He’s spent a lot of money and, for me, he’s only actually delivered two good team performances in 17 games. For the investment we’ve made and the quality of players we’ve got we should be a lot more comfortable in my opinion. And we shouldn’t still be surrendering games from the start like we did today.

And replace him with who exactly? Mark huges and Allardyce are both available...heck, I'm sure even Pardew would come down and manage us. Chris knows this league, and has footed us to within 4 points of 7th place in the premier league from 22nd in the championship in four years. He is more than adequate for where we are now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lost the game because of the team that was fielded in the first half.
Consolation win for me in the prediction thread.
Ref was biased, or blind, off to bed.

If Marcos Alonso was wearing an albion shirt he would've been sent off for the elbow on knockaert and the the professional foul on Solly. Ref's bottle it against the top clubs

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The starting 11.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

the keeper or any defender should've been different?
Murray not starting up front?
March on current form and knockaert not starting on wings? (based on izzys poor form and Alrireza just returning from Injury)

So just the central midfield then?....... All of them?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I didn’t say sack him and I realise he’s done a good job over his time here. I have no idea why you’re mentioning those names.

I’m just saying if I look at this season in isolation and think about what has let us down and what has stopped us realising our potential so far, my opinion is that it’s him.
I'm not sure it is down to Chris. If you see him on the touchline he is very animated, urging players to get forward. The lack of attacking intent is very frustrating for the fans. That being said, we were much better in the second half. Why can't we start like that.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Well knock me down with a feather , never saw that second half coming , much improved BUT only after Murray was replaced with Andone. Beginning to think Murray is best suited for home games against the bottom 10 as he just does not have the engine to get around the pitch as he needs to against the top sides and often is either offside or fouling the opposition defender. I wont even try to understand his attempts at cute flicks that just were woeful when better control and composure was needed. Not that I am singling Murray out the passing was woeful throughout.

The work rate and pace and the never give it up attitude of Andone change the game and should be the attitude of the whole team but the passing and silly free kicks caused us so much trouble that Chelsea were coasting until the change. Terrific effort in the last 20 mins , Bissouma gives more forward momentum from the deeper midfield area & although Gross has that killer pass & creativity he hasn't found his best form yet this season and the opposition know he is the danger man now.

I said it before and will say it again ... March looks so much better when on the right , I know it makes little sense and although little choice of wingers today switching the two we had from side to side every now and then might help keep the opposition thinking about us more. Sadly the yellow for Alonso should have been red but whether it would have made for a different result I cant say as the first Chelsea goal should have been offside.

Small margins make huge differences and today the margins were against the Albion but thats often the case when a top 6 side is in action , they just get the bounce of the ball more often than not but even so the first half performance was woeful and the late surge papered over those cracks. We have to play like the last 20mins more often and for the whole 90 if we are to keep the gap to the low end of the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here