Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea’s finest supporters......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can remember parts of the North Stand making hissing noises when playing against Spurs back in the 80’s.

Sure.

However - did this happen in the North Stand in 2018 ? SOME fans eventually learn / evolve into fully functioning human beings. Its perhaps worth remembering that fact.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sure.

However - did this happen in the North Stand in 2018 ? SOME fans eventually learn / evolve into fully functioning human beings. Its perhaps worth remembering that fact.

I was merely agreeing with Wellesley that it happened back in the 80’s, certainly not heard anything like it at The Amex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was merely agreeing with Wellesley that it happened back in the 80’s, certainly not heard anything like it at The Amex.

Indeed. Like I said, some fans evolved, some didn't, and are still scuffing their knuckles on their way through the turnstiles.

Every club has a proportion of racists. Its a society thing. They don't drop their views about negroes when they enter a football stadium. Most manage to suppress it I suppose, but some treat it as an open forum to release all their bile in an environment where they think there won't be consequences. That little group of Chelsea fans took it onto another level - I can't imagine what drove them to spill that vile abuse onto Sterling, and if I saw that from any section of the Amex I would be utterly mortified and embarrassed by it.

Racists filth like that isn't a football thing though. Football just happens to be a place where certain people like that get to express it openly. People like that are just...what they are. Unfortunately, football stadiums is often just where they go to express it. They are racist scum before they go in, and they are racist scum when they filter out afterwards, into the pubs.

Its not a football thing. Its just what they are.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think you're confusing fact with opinion. I know this post trump world is confusing on that front.

**** me. I think you are confusing fact with opinion. I was there. I witnessed it with my own eyes and ears. I regrettably joined in. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. Although as much as I regret joining in, I regret the f***ing FACT that I mentioned it even more.:lolol:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
It is fact? Where is it written down in the history of the Goldstone. For now it is your claim not a fact unless you can prove otherwise. Brighton had six matches in the Goldstone days with Spurs I have to admit I didn't attend all as I was working overseas some of the time. Your "fact" also claims "the whole North Stand" made the hissing noises. I'm not sure of the capacity of the North Stand but would estimate 8-10,'000 when it was packed which it would have been when playing Spurs. So this "fact" is pretty hefty. As I said it wasn't my experience. I'm not saying you're lying just not my experience. Could it be you're over egging it and a smaller group around where you stood participated in this "delightful activity"?

Well it did happen, I remember it. I didn't join in and it certainly wasn't the whole of the North Stand, just a minority of young idiots copying the London clubs. In fact when I first heard it I didn't understand what it meant and I bet a lot of those doing didn't understand either. But it is 2018 now and no-one has an excuse; in fact there was someone on here a while ago who made a "gas" comment before the Spurs game and quite rightly got destroyed.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Indeed. Like I said, some fans evolved, some didn't, and are still scuffing their knuckles on their way through the turnstiles.

Every club has a proportion of racists. Its a society thing. They don't drop their views about negroes when they enter a football stadium. Most manage to suppress it I suppose, but some treat it as an open forum to release all their bile in an environment where they think there won't be consequences. That little group of Chelsea fans took it onto another level - I can't imagine what drove them to spill that vile abuse onto Sterling, and if I saw that from any section of the Amex I would be utterly mortified and embarrassed by it.

Racists filth like that isn't a football thing though. Football just happens to be a place where certain people like that get to express it openly. People like that are just...what they are. Unfortunately, football stadiums is often just where they go to express it. They are racist scum before they go in, and they are racist scum when they filter out afterwards, into the pubs.

Its not a football thing. Its just what they are.

Yep
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/14/football-society-racism-remedy-raheem-sterling

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Well it did happen, I remember it. I didn't join in and it certainly wasn't the whole of the North Stand, just a minority of young idiots copying the London clubs. In fact when I first heard it I didn't understand what it meant and I bet a lot of those doing didn't understand either. But it is 2018 now and no-one has an excuse; in fact there was someone on here a while ago who made a "gas" comment before the Spurs game and quite rightly got destroyed.
Never heard it, and I attended all those games... . Always in the NS, always nearest the away fans....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Outside Falmer train station before the game a few of middle aged Chelsea fans were singing about someone called Dan Levine being a w**ker (any ideas?) before breaking into homophobic chants. No surprise really.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Outside Falmer train station before the game a few of middle aged Chelsea fans were singing about someone called Dan Levine being a w**ker (any ideas?) before breaking into homophobic chants. No surprise really.

He works in the media and reports on Chelsea.

He dares to report on the fans being racist.

He was getting abuse/death threats on twitter after reporting it

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In the Goldstone days, it was common place for the whole North stand to make gas hissing noises when we played Spurs. I'm ashamed to say, that as a teenager, I thoughtlessly joined in. Although it was strangely acceptable at the time, or so it seemed, I can't believe that we, or more importantly 'I' did it. Disgusting behaviour as of course is all racism that thankfully seems to be all but eradicated at the Amex.

Yet at most away games in less affluent areas many Albion fans will sing "We pay your benefits", again inappropriate and significantly offensive

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here