Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Can you honestly sit there and think everyone will go, "oh that's okay then"

Yes, because as all Leave Means Leave demos and marches have shown, nobody really cares that much (other than Yaxley-Lennon's mob). There'll be mild grumbling and a hint of consternation and then we'll get on with trying to put the country back together...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
How do you know that?

Did anyone truly believe we would have got anywhere with the EU two years ago? Was the outcome ever going to be any different to what is it now, where the EU have us by the short and curleys and control us even though we have left?

Our error was negotiating a "whole deal". it should have been done piece by piece.

Agree on citizens rights two years ago. Your's can say. Our can stays. Agreed. Sign it off. Move on to avation. Sign it off. All the time everything was link to a trade deal, the EU always had us on the Irish boarder. They knew that, they've got what they want.

The red lines should have been drawn two ago, and the moment the EU told us they would agree to it, we should have walked away.

As for being illegal to negotitate deal? The PM has already said we are talking to new trade partners and even spelt out what she excepts from some of them.

I still don’t understand how they can bully us. My lad is pretty small. Maybe he should go and shove the big kids and see what happens.

You appear so deluded it hurts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All goods would start getting stockpiled at ports and airports as we would have no rules, tariffs or quotas on which to work and no method of charging, recording or collecting anything we did try to charge or any staff to administer it.

do you honestly believe this?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There's that 'believe' word again. So, what do you think is going to happen?

i dont know, im looking to find out if the complete close down of all port function is based on facts or not. "all trade will cease" seems about as credible as the £350m going to the NHS.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Charming take:

[tweet]1073200950272294912[/tweet]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So May has made no progress in Brussels and is going to go right to the wire in order to attempt to get a deal through that nobody wants. Brilliant.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So May has made no progress in Brussels and is going to go right to the wire in order to attempt to get a deal through that nobody wants. Brilliant.

Playing Russian roulette with our future

Meanwhile for the first time since WW2 the life expectancy of the poor in the UK has fallen, Britain's real issues are put on the wait list...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because I believe that will happen. This is not MPs passing some law that poeple dont like. This is MP's taking a public vote, which was made with the promise that is binding and Parliament will do what the people want, and now saying, **** you lot, us 600 plus MP have decided we know best and you have no voice and we are going to act against your wishes.

Can you honestly sit there and think everyone will go, "oh that's okay then" while the EU gloat at us. Dream on.

“Do what we want or else suffer the consequences” - That's how democracy works isn't it. The far right will be cumming in their pants if Brexit is cancelled. It will be the biggest boast they ever get.

What is quite unpleasant, is the people who did not like the outcome of a referendum, doing all the could to stop the democratic decision.

And don't be such a tw at all the time. Because I think this will happen against MPs, doesn't mean I agree with it. It is possible to have a point of view that you do not agree with. Try it sometime

Referendums in the UK are not binding. Whatever a politician might promise you. What's that old joke? How do you know when a politician is lying? When their mouth is open.

FWIW, I'd rather not have a 2nd referendum either and I say that as a remainer. However to go into the end of March with a plan that nobody wants is just nuts. I don't know what the solution is. Either way a whole bunch of people on every side of the political spectrum are going to be hacked off. It is unwinnable.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You mean those Henry 8th powers that Gina Miller went to court over and proved the government couldn't use them ?

The only way that date is moving is with another act of Parliamement. Given MPs aren't getting to vote on the deal until the second week of January at the very earliest there's little chance of getting new legislation passed to change the date before the 29th March. Ironically Gina Miller may have accidently assisted in an accidental 'no deal' ...... now that would be funny.

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a different matter that Gina Miller argued against, using Royal Perogative to issue Article 50.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are you sure about that? I thought it was a different matter that Gina Miller argued against, using Royal Perogative to issue Article 50.

Yes May thought she was a Monarch and kept believing what he was reading in the Daily Mail....

Jan 30, 2008
Well as someone else pointed, you love to push people for answer, but flounce of yourself when challenged.

So, I'll ask you a question, why would no deal be so bad?

How do you think the EU would treat us if we cancelled Brexit and went crawling back to them?

Do you think with no deal, trade will stop on 30th March? After all you have told us we will have no WTO rules in place, or trade deals, so what will happen?

Do you think planes will be grounded, because as you have suggested we will have no aviation laws to go by, as we use EU laws, and we will no longer be part of the EU.

So Mr know all, what will happen?
He doesn't know, he's wrapped up in convincing himself and others in the " gang " on here that we wont be leaving the EU , just a reminder 29th march 2019 bye bye EU, AS WHAT WAS VOTED FOR IN THE 2016 REFERENDUM
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How? The EU is broke. Spain will need help soon. Italy will need help soon. Ireland will need help soon. Maybe even France will need help soon. Financially where is all that help coming from , now that the UK will not be giving them money. Germany. I am sure that will go down well in a country where the far right are gaining strength at an alarming rate.

I disagree, yes there are some member states with big economic problems, a no deal Brexit will hurt the EU, and some members more than others but overall they would lose less than we would. The EU as a whole has less debt to GDP than the UK, and that is with the extreme issues in Greece and Italy. The EU is not broke.

Jan 30, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here