Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Russell Bishop GUILTY of 1986 Wild Park Murders.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Legal aid, unfortunately.

Whilst the legal profession is reputed to be honourable, clearly there are no boundaries, the likes of Suttcliffe, Huntley, Brady, Whiting, Robert Black and countless other scum have all been accorded legal representation.
At least Fred West did the decent thing........

Must be a double edged sword for Barrie Fellowes?

That’s why I said it’s not a profession for me. I’m happy to have potential clients that I can choose to turn down.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Wonder if his girlfriend will now be getting her day in court.

IIRC she initially confirmed that the sweatshirt (from which the DNA evidence was obtained), was Bishops. She then changed her story and refused to give evidence in court thus denying the families of the murdered girls justice for so many years.

Surely that is perverting the course of justice? Had she told the truth in court, the scumbag Bishop would have been banged up decades ago.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If only he looked blatantly guilty like Jimmy Savile did, oh hang on..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wonder if his girlfriend will now be getting her day in court.

IIRC she initially confirmed that the sweatshirt (from which the DNA evidence was obtained), was Bishops. She then changed her story and refused to give evidence in court thus denying the families of the murdered girls justice for so many years.

Surely that is perverting the course of justice? Had she told the truth in court, the scumbag Bishop would have been banged up decades ago.

It depends if she really was peverting the course of justice or being coerced.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Tie him to a post on top of the bonfire. Light the bonfire, sit back and watch. Should only be charred remains left that can be swept up and thrown in a land fill site.
Alive? Well I'm certainly not dealing with a dead body, that'd give me the creeps.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Surely that is perverting the course of justice?

I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that PCJ doesn't apply in this instance. If she didn't give evidence in sworn testimony, then she's not committed perjury and, unless she was also a suspect, she wouldn't have been given a police caution so anything said at the police station couldn't be used.

If she did give evidence, that's another matter, but the prosecution has to prove that she willfully misled the police and wasn't just unsure. And, as Thunder Bolt says, she could also claim that she acted under duress.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Will he get the longest sentence in UK legal history, like they do in the US?

Didn't Bernie Madoff and John Gotti get 120 years each?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In USA they can give life until death why can we not do the same? . He could be out in 20 years unless the judge ordered it to be consecutive rather than concurrent..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In USA they can give life until death why can we not do the same? . He could be out in 20 years unless the judge ordered it to be consecutive rather than concurrent..

Because we're not the USA, we don't hand out death sentences, or meaningless 99 year sentences, we are more civilised. Also the law was changed some years ago, so that life didn't mean life, but that a minimum number of years should be set, to allow for parole where the defendant deserves it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because we're not the USA, we don't hand out death sentences, or meaningless 99 year sentences, we are more civilised. Also the law was changed some years ago, so that life didn't mean life, but that a minimum number of years should be set, to allow for parole where the defendant deserves it.

I accept what you are saying but dont agree with it I believe a judge should be able to determine a natural life sentence. It could be argued that the difficult time for an offender is in the first couple of months after which time he will be used to his new life and accept it with the benefits that he can obtain within that. Taking into account the cost to the country of this incarceration there must be some argument to bringing back the dearth penalty

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

I think in cases like this the minimum term is exactly that - not like other terms where they serve half or two thirds. So he will not even be considered for release until 2054 when he will be in his late 80's. I doubt he will ever be released.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Isn`t these sort of people what capital punishment should be for. He will have no life but will be costing society prob £100k year. Hang him !!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here