Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ's - May has absolutely torn Corbyn to shreds

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He could, he SHOULD, have gone to town on May here. There's so much ammunition:

"threatening to cut disability benefits is not living within your means when your only means is benefits...cutting essential services to pay for corporation tax cuts is not living within your means and it's not all in this together..etc..etc".

Buzzer for Labour leader!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be fair, does PMQ's ACTUALLY matter at how good you are at making the right decisions for the country? It's all theatre and nothing actually gets SORTED in them. It's just a chance to try and appeal to the public. An act, if you will.

RIghtly or wrongly, it does matter to many. Corby 's principles may be impeccable, but if he's portrayed by the media and perceived by the public (often the same thing) as a poor performer in parliament, it makes him less likely to lead Labour to success. And he is a very poor performer at PMQs. He misses chances to drive points home, he fails to pick up on errors by opponents, and often it seems he doesn't listen to answers but ploughs on with his next question regardless. He's not someone who can think on his feet.

He lets Labour down every week in front of the nation and his sycophantic supporters don't seem to care. Perhaps they don't want Labour to be back in government.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Memorable lines...

[FONT="]"He calls it austerity. I call it living within our means. He talks about austerity, but it is actually about not saddling our children and grandchildren with debt."[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Plooks, post: 0"]So university tuition fees and house prices that are unaffordable is keeping people out of debt?
Seems to me that since the late nineties, at least, the aim of the governments has been exactly the opposite and to heap debt on the following geberations.

I think she's just adverse to any debt that might affect CEO salaries, politician's expenses or The Queen.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Anyone else watch PMQ's today? Theresa May was absolutely on fire whilst Corbyn barked on about the same things he always does.

It should be renamed really as no questions are ever answered and its just there for the toffs to score cheap points. Its all very sad really isn't it when there are real problems in this country. You've only got look at the comments on this thread about tearing people to shreds, battering into the ground and who wins the best cheap shot. The laughing at questions, the waving of white paper and the ra ra ra is embarrassing to everyone surely??? Its what politics has become in this country, nothing to do with policies, just spin.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
May had the chance to start afresh and introduce the new type of politics she promised in her " Unity Party ' speech....Looks like that isn't going to happen after all. We now have Dave in a Dress ... I suppose the sad gloating is the one thing Tories are united about ..

'Dave in a dress'? Pics!!!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anyone else watch PMQ's today? Theresa May was absolutely on fire whilst Corbyn barked on about the same things he always does.

To be honest...........When do issues ever get resolved during Prime Ministers Questions.

It matters not one jot how good or bad you do in these situations. The Party in Power goes back to their offices and carries on regardless with whatever policies it has decided upon. I know the press like to watch and report on the charade but I find it tedious.

I know this is how UK Parliament has worked for centuries but it is no more than than a barbarous slagging match. Perhaps Corbyn maybe thinks that politics should change to a bit more respectful.. It wouldn't hurt to try and discuss issues that need discussing the whole time they are there. Instead of a mini burst of politics amidst scurrilous personal attacks.

On the other hand Teresa May seems to think business as usual points scoring by personal attacking individuals is quite acceptable - I know things on Prime Ministers questions will never change but sometimes I watch so called grown men and women act like 8 year olds and think to myself ''Thats whats running our country'' ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lets hope, workers dream idle shysters nightmare...

What " idle shysters " ? we are all working apparently ? mind you that does not count for much for most of us who have not recovered from the last financial collapse yet and now face another recession thanks to the uncertainty over Brexit.

Jul 7, 2016
RIghtly or wrongly, it does matter to many. Corby 's principles may be impeccable, but if he's portrayed by the media and perceived by the public (often the same thing) as a poor performer in parliament, it makes him less likely to lead Labour to success. And he is a very poor performer at PMQs. He misses chances to drive points home, he fails to pick up on errors by opponents, and often it seems he doesn't listen to answers but ploughs on with his next question regardless. He's not someone who can think on his feet.

He lets Labour down every week in front of the nation and his sycophantic supporters don't seem to care. Perhaps they don't want Labour to be back in government.

Impeccable principles !!! Are u on drugs. This man mixes with terrorist groups and extremists. Not the type of principles the rest of us find very attractive.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Today's announcement that Universal credit will not now be delivered until 2022 11 years after it was first muted, that costs have spirralled and that £5 billion pounds of potential savings wil be foregone, due to late delivery, does not even cause a single ripple.

Who is holding the government accountable for this gross incompetence ? Not the lame "principled" leader of the opposition that is for sure. Yes Jeremy the Foreign Secretary is cringingly embarassing and many people share your view on this, but then again so are you. If I wanted principles I would vote for the Dalai Lama. I want accountable government !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like asking what the government is doing for working parents who earn less than the cost of childcare as we reach the summer holidays? Asking about workers rights? Silly old beggar. Doesn't he know the government aren't interested in such things.

I listened. I want Corbyn out. But he came across well. May was good, but there is a shrill head girl in there, I suspect, and there is plenty of time for embarrassment. Still want Corbyn out, though. Although the leadership rival does nor inspire (I can't even remember his name) :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Memorable lines...

"He calls it austerity. I call it living within our means. He talks about austerity, but it is actually about not saddling our children and grandchildren with debt."

and another one...

"The Labour party may be about to spend several months fighting and tearing itself apart; the Conservative party will be spending those months bringing this country back together."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I listened. I want Corbyn out. But he came across well. May was good, but there is a shrill head girl in there, I suspect, and there is plenty of time for embarrassment. Still want Corbyn out, though. Although the leadership rival does nor inspire (I can't even remember his name) :shrug:

Two horrific people fighting for the labour leadership. Doesn't matter which one gets it i comfortably predict a conservative outright win in the next GE

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apologies. I would certainly very much hope that no Albion supporter would support terrorist groups but I guess I can't be certain.

I imagine not, but I'm sure some people find his other principles somewhat attractive at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here