Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
One man's freedom fighter is another man's lying racist fascist. Trying to compare Farage to Nelson Mandela is pathetic.

Crikey you are easily triggered arnt you, ive heard the lies and smears before, we all have about Farage being a liar and a racist but you have certainly upped the game by claiming he is fascist as well.
I just thought it would be a nice place for his statue, near Mandela and Churchill in Parliament Square and just around the corner from the statue of Boadicea.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Standard Editorial

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/evening-standard-comment-we-should-unilaterally-allow-eu-citizens-to-stay-a3571591.html

So we could (should) have guaranteed EU citizens status a year ago, but no Mrs May blocked it and is now suffering memory loss.

Even if Osbornes editorial piece claim were true(it is disputed) it wouldn’t matter anyway. TM has long held the belief a unilateral approach is wrong and a reciprocal negotiated approach is the fair way forward. You remember parliament voted on this issue don’t you? And voted against the unilateral approach amendment .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for your vote by the way.

That's fine. Im resigned to Brexit happening so now it's a case of getting the best deal. I believe my vote has worked in my favour.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Crikey you are easily triggered arnt you, ive heard the lies and smears before, we all have about Farage being a liar and a racist but you have certainly upped the game by claiming he is fascist as well.
I just thought it would be a nice place for his statue, near Mandela and Churchill in Parliament Square and just around the corner from the statue of Boadicea.

hahahaha

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jesus. He actually said that. Wtf.

It's basically a negotiation model a used by someone selling a car in a pub. He thinks that by saying he's prepared to walk away enough times makes him look strong, when even those around him can see it is weak. Of course you can walk away if you cannot agree a negotiation - but that isn't your start point. You have to start with the positives for both parties, what can be gained, what is beneficial. It all looks too negative in the way we're approaching it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's basically a negotiation model a used by someone selling a car in a pub. He thinks that by saying he's prepared to walk away enough times makes him look strong, when even those around him can see it is weak. Of course you can walk away if you cannot agree a negotiation - but that isn't your start point. You have to start with the positives for both parties, what can be gained, what is beneficial. It all looks too negative in the way we're approaching it.

And both sides know that the UK walking away and having to rely on WTO tariffs will be utterly suicidal so it's a stupid position to adopt as the UK will never walk away and default.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
84% of electorate backed parties that were virtually identical to May`s Brexit (real brexit) in their own manifestos
Thanks for your vote by the way.

This point is now being made by many enthusiastic Brexiteers. It is a misleading over-simplification.

100 per cent of the electorate voted for parties that are opposed to the death penalty. This doesn't mean that 100 per cent of people are opposed to the death penalty. In the referendum I voted for the result that might make it more likely that the practise of live animal exports will continue. This doesn't mean that I am in favour of live animal exports.

Elsewhere, the Labour Party's position on a hard Brexit (for clarity, customs union and single market membership) continues to evolve in the light of what it takes to be the developing view of the country. We do not at this stage know where this evolution will end up. Meanwhile, the Conservatives' position on Hard Brexit has not changed since the election, although there seems to be pressure within the party for it to do so. The Tory's Europhobe wing cannot really criticise these developments, given that their party appears to have abandoned most of their manifesto commitments.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forget hard and soft Brexit.

The new narrative is "Jobs based Brexit" :rock:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How wonderful that Britain is showing those undemocratic EU people how a proper democracy works, by bribing the DUP to prop up Theresa May.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So all The EU citizens who paid for and filled out the 85 page residency application plus legal costs will have to apply again for the new 'streamlined' settled status one. The Home Office at it's finest, yet again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here