Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Radio 1 is much better, dj sets

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Could do with something from the bends to get it going a bit though.....
Just would do it very nicely

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Used to like Radiohead but Thom has disappeared up his own arse. Anyone enjoying and cheering it has a case of Emperor's New Clothes about them.
Or is able to appreciate a band that has changed through the years as does some of our musical tastes...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Used to like Radiohead but Thom has disappeared up his own arse. Anyone enjoying and cheering it has a case of Emperor's New Clothes about them.

This set has all the makings of being an "I was there" moment.

Unfortunately, not for the right reasons.

Having said that. I'll reckon they'll wrap up by smashing 'Creep' and 'Karma Police' out of Somerset and into the next county and they'll ride off into the dawn with all forgiven and it will go down as a great set... I hope.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
It's probably not cool to say, but this is leaving me cold. I guess I want my music to stir emotions rather than stroke my chin.

As a prog-head, there's nothing wrong with music being cerebral and clever. It can still be exciting, and elicit strong emotion at the same time. Many of the best progressive bands do this.

This is just dull, unfortunately.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Or is able to appreciate a band that has changed through the years as does some of our musical tastes...

Absolutely their best album is arguably their 7th In Rainbows and their sound has changed and evolved post OK computer. The set had the perfect blend between the old and the new.

Weird Fishes onwards the setlist was different class.

Loads of hits missed, but will always be the case when a bands made 9 albums.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Absolutely their best album is arguably their 7th In Rainbows and their sound has changed and evolved post OK computer. The set had the perfect blend between the old and the new.

Weird Fishes onwards the setlist was different class.

Loads of hits missed, but will always be the case when a bands made 9 albums.

As amazing and revered ok computer is I struggle to pick my favourite between the bends and in rainbows,
When they left their label they weren't very happy that a best of was released, they're not a greatest hits type of band and this set
just proves that.... I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
As amazing and revered ok computer is I struggle to pick my favourite between the bends and in rainbows,
When they left their label they weren't very happy that a best of was released, they're not a greatest hits type of band and this set
just proves that.... I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

They aren't a rock and roll band anymore although they were very good at it. It's been 20 years since they were so it's not as though they have suddenly changed, if you go to their gigs you know what you are getting.

It's the people who probably haven't bought a Radiohead record since 97 complaining. Bands evolve change and that's the beauty of Radiohead. They aren't AC DC or Status Quo (I like DC but you get the idea).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
They have wrote some belters there is no doubt about it.

A best of album is where I am at with Radiohead

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If Royal Blood are one of the best we've got to offer then WTF is going on in the music industry nowadays? (Yes I know their BHA fans)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My daughters love Radiohead - and we do have a good exchange of musical ideas. They like some of the stuff I've introduced them to (older stuff) and they've opened my eyes (and ears) to some of their more contemporary stuff - but sorry, I still just don't 'get' Radiohead - I've been trying to concentrate on this set from Glasto, really trying.......but I'm just rather bored.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If Royal Blood are one of the best we've got to offer then WTF is going on in the music industry nowadays? (Yes I know their BHA fans)

They're a bit of harmless fun. I can't believe anyone has suggested they're the best on offer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here