Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Ryan - SIGNED FOR CLUB RECORD TRANSFER FEE

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You don't think that goalkeeping coaches have any say in the recruitment of goalkeepers lol?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

So Ben Roberts has been over to Spain and scouting him lol

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We have a recruitment team. Be surprised if Roberts had any input

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if I was looking to recruit someone I'd want the person that would be working with them on a daily basis to have a look at the candidate. Can Roberts identify any flaws in their game, are they fixable etc? Maybe pie in the sky thinking.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You don't think that goalkeeping coaches have any say in the recruitment of goalkeepers lol?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Exactly! I'd say Roberts would be the first person the recruitment team would be involving in this
Maybe not travelling to Spain but I'm sure he'd have watched the guy and given his input?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Seeing the fee reported as $9m that the article says is £5.2m. Sounds about right but is still a little scary considering the old days of £1000 and some training kit!
That $9m will be Australian dollars, which converts to around £5.3m. I suspect the agreed figure may actually​ be in Euros, though, since €6m = £5.27m or AU$8.91.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Something doesn't sit right with me in this keeper. Signs a long deal with Valencia and can't break into the first team. They look happy to get rid already of him. Height wise it's is a concern also. Not confident about this one. Could be our Elvis Manu signing this season.

I've heard no one at the club has seen him play. He was only signed after a drunken 2 minute conversation between Ben Roberts and the Neville brothers in a nightclub in Lincoln called 'Shenanigans' (crazy Irish themed place where the bouncers dress up as leprechauns -- you'd love it for a good crack).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Something doesn't sit right with me in this keeper. Signs a long deal with Valencia and can't break into the first team. They look happy to get rid already of him. Height wise it's is a concern also. Not confident about this one. Could be our Elvis Manu signing this season.

Everyone who has actually seen him play rates him as very good, those who haven't seen him play, don't rate him.
I know who's opinion I value most.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's like saying "We have a recruitment team, I doubt Chris Houghton would have any input"

Why would the Senior Vice President of Ericsson have any input?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

You could say the same about Begovic but nobody would have been complaining it we had signed him. A young promising goalkeeper at a club that has a long established top keeper and fans favourite in goal hardly surprising he did not break through. Bit early to be writing him off and pleased the club and looking at players with hunger and promise than old journeyman looking for a big payday

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oopss.. you either knew that fact (which is sad) or you just looked it up (which is equally sad) :D:wave:

At least I know how to actually spell Hughton correctly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here