Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Fulham at Aldershot

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The good news about tonight is that I am home now.

The good bits on the pitch were few. First half Rosenior and KLL were good. second half Knocky was differ at class and Bruno was good. Once did reasonably well and Kayal was a presence. Outside of that - we need Stockdale back - we need to strengthen the squad, we can't lose a single one of our first team in this window.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

They've taken down the fayre, alas the Lord Mayors show is over.

Pity, we nearly did it, but it wasn't to be.

You will be pleased to know, I am making your prediction and consequence my signature, till the end of the season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
[tweet]755505089176018948[/tweet]

(PS: There will now follow a half dozen or so posts along the lines of "well he would say that, wouldn't he??")

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
The good news about tonight is that I am home now.

The good bits on the pitch were few. First half Rosenior and KLL were good. second half Knocky was differ at class and Bruno was good. Once did reasonably well and Kayal was a presence. Outside of that - we need Stockdale back - we need to strengthen the squad, we can't lose a single one of our first team in this window.
sorry but i dissagree with you about lua lua i watched on seagulls player and thought lua lua was poor

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I watched about 5 mins of it then turned off after Kaz crossed the ball for a goal kick :shrug:

Why the fk can't these professional footballers cross the ball with the right weight behind it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bloody disgusting result. Sack hewtin and get Adkins in.

All our players are going to leave and we will finish mid table...

Woe is me!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back from Aldershot.

I hear what everyone is saying about friendlies and they are largely correct, however, the purpose of friendlies is also to improve fitness and match sharpness. I am unclear how many games Fulham have played but they looked two weeks ahead of us, and played like it really meant something to them (probably as we slaughtered them last year).

A number of their players played 46 - 60 mins, whereas the vast majority of ours remained at 45.

The first half as per my earlier post was very poor. The goal (friendly or not) was poor, and Hughton won't be happy as it was a sloppy one.

The second half we looked quite buzzy initially, Knockaert wanted and got the ball, then a decision went against him and he lost interest for 20 mins. The second was mainly because he didn't track back...... The third a bad goalkeeping error, but it happens.

Overall, Ince, KLL tried hard, Kayal, Bruno, Holla, Murray, Dunk okay. Hemed, Murphy, Baldock and Bong very poor.

Of the U21s, Bjordal looks very good, and even after the promising start wasn't fazed against Fulham. Hornby-Forbes looked okay, White was okay, Hunt not too bad, but a tougher night, Hall a bit in and out. Nothing went right for Tilley and of course Sanchez dropped a clanger on the third.

There's nothing to worry about. No injuries tonight, though Murray landed heavily but seemed to jog the knock off.

To all the doom and gloom merchants, England won all of their friendlies prior to Euro's.......... just saying.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Turn it off, I can't watch that. We were just not at the races tonight. Did we have a chance ?. Best forgotten that game & quickly.

It was absolutely dreadful. Like a bunch of strangers. Tactics seemed dreadful.

Holla and Ince did not play badly but they hardly had the ball. Lualua played too deep. Very rigid play by the Albion.

Ince made 95% passes OK and ran into positions for the returns as did Holla. Hornby-Forbes and Hunt (out of position on the left?) looked poor.

Fulham might give Newcastle a good game when the real stuff starts.

Sessegnon might score goals at this level?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just back from Aldershot.

I hear what everyone is saying about friendlies and they are largely correct, however, the purpose of friendlies is also to improve fitness and match sharpness. I am unclear how many games Fulham have played but they looked two weeks ahead of us, and played like it really meant something to them (probably as we slaughtered them last year).

A number of their players played 46 - 60 mins, whereas the vast majority of ours remained at 45.

The first half as per my earlier post was very poor. The goal (friendly or not) was poor, and Hughton won't be happy as it was a sloppy one.

The second half we looked quite buzzy initially, Knockaert wanted and got the ball, then a decision went against him and he lost interest for 20 mins. The second was mainly because he didn't track back...... The third a bad goalkeeping error, but it happens.

Overall, Ince, KLL tried hard, Kayal, Bruno, Holla, Murray, Dunk okay. Hemed, Murphy, Baldock and Bong very poor.

Of the U21s, Bjordal looks very good, and even after the promising start wasn't fazed against Fulham. Hornby-Forbes looked okay, White was okay, Hunt not too bad, but a tougher night, Hall a bit in and out. Nothing went right for Tilley and of course Sanchez dropped a clanger on the third.

There's nothing to worry about. No injuries tonight, though Murray landed heavily but seemed to jog the knock off.

To all the doom and gloom merchants, England won all of their friendlies prior to Euro's.......... just saying.

Same number of games judging by there website

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
It was absolutely dreadful. Like a bunch of strangers. Tactics seemed dreadful.

Hughton clearly doesn't have a clue. Embarassing result, which we will almost certainly think back to in May as the kick start to an inevitably poor season. Today was almost like the players had never played with each other.

???:ffsparr::dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here